Flying humvees for us military

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by Iainmc, Oct 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FFS, they can't even drive properly on the road as it is let alone being let lose with things like this.
  2. I was thinking the same!
  3. When do they get hover tanks?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Do you think that Gibson will sue them for the right on the name?
  5. TurtleHead

TurtleHead Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Would it be anything like the flying ford anglia off Harry Potter? Lets be honest yanks and ginger people fall within the same intellect category, and Ron Weasley didnt do a very good job
  6. Great journalism there:
    No they aren't. Hummer - Wikipedia
  7. He nailed Hermione though...

Yanks already have flying Humvees... fact. Well, flying is only falling with style... or indeed falling 30ft from under a Super Stallion who thought it had been lit up. Only thing wrong with it after touch down? Knackered wing mirror. Alas it was at night, so they Yanks had to guard it, to ensure Terry didn't nick the hubcaps.

8. flying russian tanks .... what a soxmix sighting that would have been ...

"Hello herford 22 22 ..... your not going to belive what just flew over soltau ..."
  9. J. Walter Christie beat them all to it in the 1930s...

What was really amazing was that he had an AFV capable of 70mph on its roadwheels in production...
  10. A flying transporter capable of carrying 4 people and able to take of and land vertically..............I'm sure I've heard of those somewhere else was it called a wellycapter or something?
  11. Beat me to it.

I have driven a Humvee and yep sack of brown stuff. Over complicated over priced and mostly unsuitable. Errr how did the MOD get involved in US procurement?

BTW it was an early demobbed version and I did get to go over some rough stuff.