Flying at the edge of the box: Area 51, TTR airport

Interesting article from the Drive, the author hires a Cessna , gets permission to fly at the edges of the ‘Box’ ranch and snaps detailed photos of Homey Airport, TTR Airport.

The links to his personal page with the high res images

It was not like the UK presenter (ITV or channel 4 producer presenter) back in 98 who did a documentary on Area 5@, hired a Cessna, complete with his cameraman or two. They flew at the edge of the Groom Lake and was told to Foxtrot Oscar by the ATC at Nellis. The presenter kept asking “I can see an airstrip down ther” repeatedly to ATC, they scrambled a couple of fighters. Though watching it looked like two seat F-15E Strike Eagle from the Fighter Weapons School flying around the Cessna (not enough for jet wash turbulence to tip the Cessna) until they returned back to whatever airport left from.

Cheers

Interesting article from the Drive, the author hires a Cessna , gets permission to fly at the edges of the ‘Box’ ranch and snaps detailed photos of Homey Airport, TTR Airport.

It was not like the UK presenter (ITV or channel 4 producer presenter) back in 98 who did a documentary on Area 5@, hired a Cessna, complete with his cameraman or two. They flew at the edge of the Groom Lake and was told to Foxtrot Oscar by the ATC at Nellis. The presenter kept asking “I can see an airstrip down ther” repeatedly to ATC, they scrambled a couple of fighters. Though watching it looked like two seat F-15E Strike Eagle from the Fighter Weapons School flying around the Cessna (not enough for jet wash turbulence to tip the Cessna) until they returned back to whatever airport left from.

Cheers
Reminds me of Kandahar, but fewer insurgents and no 'Poo-pond' smell.

Cheers
Flying on Red and Green Flags it’s actually known as the Container, not the box

Latest Threads