Flybe

If the dimensions quoted by Amazon are correct, then it won't fit in the Flybe cabin bag sizer.
Height 55.4 centimetres
Length 18.5 centimetres
Width 36.1 centimetres

vs Flybe sizer:
Height 55 centimetres
Length 20 centimetres
Width 35 centimetres
Are their sizers constructed of bars/pipe or flat metal? If the former, I would expect the 0.4 of a cm to be negotiable by inserting the case at an angle so the wheel gets past the top bar.

Are their sizers constructed of bars/pipe or flat metal? If the former, I would expect the 0.4 of a cm to be negotiable by inserting the case at an angle so the wheel gets past the top bar.
and the 1.1 cm on width?

The frame is tubular, but with sheet metal back, front and sides. From what I've seen in the airport with people trying to squeeze their bags in, it is most often the width that defeats them.

few weeks ago for work, they have gone downhill a bit but better than ryan air or air lingus for sure
I don't find BA any better than Ryan Air or Easyjet. I suppose the only positive is that most of the BA cabin crew speak English and aren't likely to try and flog you scratch cards.

Boyfriend went with them from Leeds to Belfast last week, no problems.
Pissed on their chips with us around 2005
Service wise they were ok - but they introduced hold baggage charges

As lots of the lads had booked flights 3 or 4 months in advance and received no notification of the change - they were rightly unimpressed to be hit with a) the bill for hold luggage and B) the extra didn't book it in advance costs.

I have seen a few go flying haha they are getting strict on baggage now and the 30kg no longer applies on most tickets. They dropped it to 25kg and you also have to pay if you want a designated seat
I qualify for a seaman's ticket - or a 40-45kg* checked baggage allowance as it's otherwise known.

* Depending on airline/aircraft.

Absolutely - I've had to sprint through the terminal to make the flight because of the check-in queue full of muppets with everything but the kitchen sink, sometimes just bundled in a knotted sheet, on flights to Dubai.

Conversely, what annoys me is aisle passengers who remain fixed in their seats after the 'plane has stopped and the sign gone off when I desperately want to stand up and let the blood back into my legs.
At Gatwick on one occasion was what looked to be a student** attempting to check in with a dozen or more carrier bags -

**Of European decent

I saw a Nigerian trying to get a plastic wrapped fridge onboard, at Heathrow. He couldnt understand (or pretended not to) why the very polite desk lady kept fobbing him off. Essentially, he wanted to get it loaded as personal baggage and not "cargo", which would have charged him a mint.

At Gatwick on one occasion was what looked to be a student** attempting to check in with a dozen or more carrier bags -

**Of European decent
Funnily enough, when I was waiting to board Flybe EDI-MUC last week, a German couple who failed to fit their trolley bags into the Flybe sizer went to Dixons and bought carrier bags instead.

Just because a flight departs with a small amount of passengers doesn't mean it isn't making money; quite often, the cargo load pays for the flight and anything taken from the passengers is pure profit. Flights to and from islands and other remote airfields are often on Govt contract, such as mail, and have to go, unless the weather puts them off, as the cargo is often more important than the need to fly pax.

Pissed on their chips with us around 2005
Service wise they were
The frame is tubular, but with sheet metal back, front and sides. From what I've seen in the airport with people trying to squeeze their bags in, it is most often the width that defeats them.
That figures, since the bulge is usually widthwise

Right, now do you get what that lass in the bra and jogging kecks was getting at when they chucked her off the Thomas Cook flight?
If your squashy bag doesn’t fit in the hand luggage guide frame, just take all the shit out and wear it. Simple.
I guess her bag must have unexpectedly fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, now do you get what that lass in the bra and jogging kecks was getting at when they chucked her off the Thomas Cook flight?
If your squashy bag doesn’t fit in the hand luggage guide frame, just take all the shit out and wear it. Simple.
I guess her bag must have unexpectedly fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually considered doing that if the bag lady got arsey. ;)

The Flybe bag-sizer is steel-sheet inside a tubular framework. It doesn't bend with normal passenger-applied forces! The staff seem to be much more attentive to bag sizes/weights in Southampton than at Schiphol (so I hope no-one from Flybe reads this).

I used the Southampton-Amsterdam route a lot this year with only one noticeable delay, due to storms near Schiphol and me being stuck on a train due to another storm knocking a tree over. That meant I was almost last in the line to be given a replacement flight. Oh well.

The rest has been cheap-and-cheerful, with a surprising full refund of the ticket price when I had to get to UK fast (booked less than two hours before the flight) when my Dad was on his deathbed and therefore I didn't take the planned flight a couple of days later.

The Flybe bag-sizer is steel-sheet inside a tubular framework. It doesn't bend with normal passenger-applied forces! The staff seem to be much more attentive to bag sizes/weights in Southampton than at Schiphol (so I hope no-one from Flybe reads this).

I used the Southampton-Amsterdam route a lot this year with only one noticeable delay, due to storms near Schiphol and me being stuck on a train due to another storm knocking a tree over. That meant I was almost last in the line to be given a replacement flight. Oh well.

The rest has been cheap-and-cheerful, with a surprising full refund of the ticket price when I had to get to UK fast (booked less than two hours before the flight) when my Dad was on his deathbed and therefore I didn't take the planned flight a couple of days later.
Sorry about your loss.

Latest Threads