Fly to work in a Spitfire?

Its this effing auto correct on the iPad , occasionally it slips a correction in after I’ve scanned it the little tinker .
I rather like the idea of a warlord deploying spitfire though

That flying turd boils my piss as this kind of utter shit.
How do we like an 1840cc Mx5 "gen" Fezza 250?
1521722113924.png

There are some things in life that ought to be left alone.

There are times when I'd quite like to fly to work in a Stuka.

On reflection, I'd like to withdraw the "There are times when" bit.

It looks a bot like the ones that are being built at Enstone airfield in Ofordshire. For years there have been the occasional story on the Oxford mail again about somebody or a group of people wanting to build a whole squadron of replicas . In fact its just appeared again yesterday .

I personally do not see the appeal as they are 4/5 replicas with a v6 engine or something but if thats what they want to do then thats up to them . Its not actually a spitfire however much they play with it !
The City of Oxford Supermarine Spitfire Aircraft Squadron at Enstone Flying Club and Flying school - Learn to fly a Spitfire plane!
I’ve photographed Paul a few times, he’s a good bloke- ex-army iirc- and if the squadron is ever fully manned it would be quite a spectacle- a mix of re-enactment and formation flying.
Technically the MK26b, is not a replica Spitfire as the kits are made by Supermarine :) . The work to build them up goes on at Enstone and seems quite involved!
It might, however, be a replica of the Merlin-engined aeroplanes, being 90% of their size and powered by a 6cyl Isuzu motor, which is good for 200mph and actually sounds quite nice.
These are really the only way anyone outside of the Sunday Times rich list is going to get to owning anything approximating a Spitfire, they’re nice little planes.
Here’s a pic I took last time I was there with Paul at the controls.
3F92BC17-5773-41DB-AB75-2C87D8B8C9A6.jpeg

And one showing him in the hangar with the next aircraft under construction.
F35EED3D-016F-4C80-9280-C411AD990EDB.jpeg

Last edited:
To me this is a proper replica, a P-51 built in 3/4 scale. I used to do maintenance and inspections on it. It has a V8
4622AE8B-DBF6-45CE-BCA4-E8DC27DE3F59.jpeg
4622AE8B-DBF6-45CE-BCA4-E8DC27DE3F59.jpeg
3EEC8D32-5524-4CAF-9CDC-164EE668F1C0.jpeg
BF03A957-A4DD-4A76-B94B-CD3D9DA3B799.jpeg
car motor as a power plant, fully retractable landing gear, all aluminum built, and used proper steam gauges,not modern digital. Its up for sale now for 45 grand CDN, nice aircraft, but the owner is an absolute cūnt.....

Full warlord? Is that the same as a really well fed battle-ready pilot?
Those who had achieved Warlord status were permitted an extra egg or on a rare occasions, a sausage, for brekkers, hence the term "Full Warlord". A couple of examples of those entitled to an occasional mess sausage would be these two fine gentlemen. Allow me to present Pat Pattle and James Johnson.

James Edgar Johnson, otherwise known as Johnnie Johnson was the RAF's top Spitfire ace and one of the most successful against the Fcuker-Wulf Fw190. Here he is photographed alongside his furry sausage-hunter Sally (at least the pc cnuts won't change that name when they make the film).

wc-johnnie-johnson-2.jpg

Pat Pattle, a saffer with the fine, top hole, name of Marmaduke Thomas St John Pattle, credited with the most recognised kills of any ace. Something like 40 registered although his mates reckoned that it was closer to 60. Note in his picture its a Hurri rather than a Spit which should please those who always pipe up to remind us that the Sir Sydney's masterpiece was the real hero of the BoB. What possibly makes Pattle's title as Warlord more interesting was that he became an ace in a Gladiator biplane before they gave him a Hurricane.

Pat Pattle.jpg

Its guys like this that I used to look up to as a kid after reading of their derring do in the various magazines and books of the 60s.

To me this is a proper replica, a P-51 built in 3/4 scale. I used to do maintenance and inspections on it. It has a V8 View attachment 327406 car motor as a power plant, fully retractable landing gear, all aluminum built, and used proper steam gauges,not modern digital. Its up for sale now for 45 grand CDN, nice aircraft, but the owner is an absolute cūnt.....
Noooo, no, no! Picture of the instrument panel says it all really "No spins, no aerobatics. What's the point if you can't take it up and spank the arse out of it. I'd rather own a Chippie than that abomination. Actually that's an insult to the venerable Chippie, sorry.

Noooo, no, no! Picture of the instrument panel says it all really "No spins, no aerobatics. What's the point if you can't take it up and spank the arse out of it. I'd rather own a Chippie than that abomination. Actually that's an insult to the venerable Chippie, sorry.
It is fully capable of aerobatics and spins, placards against was required for insurance purposes.

To me this is a proper replica, a P-51 built in 3/4 scale. I used to do maintenance and inspections on it. It has a V8 View attachment 327406 View attachment 327406 View attachment 327407 View attachment 327408 car motor as a power plant, fully retractable landing gear, all aluminum built, and used proper steam gauges,not modern digital. Its up for sale now for 45 grand CDN, nice aircraft, but the owner is an absolute cūnt.....
Titan Mustang? Don't think so. That airfoil section doesn't look right to me. Titan got it right judging by the one I saw a few years ago.

Have a look at Frantisek Hadrava, a Czech locksmith who built his own aircraft at home, that he uses to commute to work. He has also built a beautiful replica of a Fokker Triplane.

Have a look at Frantisek Hadrava, a Czech locksmith who built his own aircraft at home, that he uses to commute to work. He has also built a beautiful replica of a Fokker Triplane.
Now that at least looks the business. His weekday run around looks pretty neat as well.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Those who had achieved Warlord status were permitted an extra egg or on a rare occasions, a sausage, for brekkers, hence the term "Full Warlord". A couple of examples of those entitled to an occasional mess sausage would be these two fine gentlemen. Allow me to present Pat Pattle and James Johnson.

James Edgar Johnson, otherwise known as Johnnie Johnson was the RAF's top Spitfire ace and one of the most successful against the Fcuker-Wulf Fw190. Here he is photographed alongside his furry sausage-hunter Sally (at least the pc cnuts won't change that name when they make the film).

View attachment 327402

Pat Pattle, a saffer with the fine, top hole, name of Marmaduke Thomas St John Pattle, credited with the most recognised kills of any ace. Something like 40 registered although his mates reckoned that it was closer to 60. Note in his picture its a Hurri rather than a Spit which should please those who always pipe up to remind us that the Sir Sydney's masterpiece was the real hero of the BoB. What possibly makes Pattle's title as Warlord more interesting was that he became an ace in a Gladiator biplane before they gave him a Hurricane.

View attachment 327405

Its guys like this that I used to look up to as a kid after reading of their derring do in the various magazines and books of the 60s.
Bit of triv - Roald Dahl flew with Pat Pattle.

What kind of sheep in wolf's clothing is a "Spitfire" without a V12 Rolls-Royce Merlin or Griffon?

This thing has about a third of the horses of the initial Spits (1000hp), and about an eighth of the Griffon ones.

Like a Ferrari body with a tractor engine.

Titan Mustang? Don't think so. That airfoil section doesn't look right to me. Titan got it right judging by the one I saw a few years ago.
Never said or implied it was a Titan. The two are not comparable, Titan is a scaled down version and this is a replica based on general appearance.

It was a question, not a statement.

The Titan Mustang is a pretty bit of kit though. Is that the Loehle (sp?)?

Latest Threads