Fly in car, whats the DS solution?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by dusty_jacket, Aug 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The other day, I was happily driving along minding my own business, when I noticed that a fly had got into my Honda Odyssey, this thing was happily flying around pissing me off big style.

First I tried opening the front windows, no luck, then the rear ones, again no luck, and then all the windows, after some time I thought this had done the trick, only to see it still happily buzzing around once all the apertures were closed.

I know some will say just pull over and get it out that way, but I live in the USA and lay bys are not that common over here, and to put it bluntly I was to lazy.

Does anyone with a scientific brain have a solution to this problem, or do I just have to live with it.

2. There is but one solution, enter your car and close the door behind you. Ensure the doors are locked and promptly drive at speed towards a cliff or off a pier into a large body of water. Whilst you will die in the process you can die happy in the knowledge that little cunt will perish with you.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Try an AN/M14, but pull over before you pull the pin for Health and Safety reasons.

4. Take a large hammer into the car with you, and use that to beat the thing into submission. This will also save you the trouble of winding-down the windows.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thats a good idea, about what I expected, only trouble is its miles to the nearest cliff, so I would have to suffer the little bleeder for too long, I suppose I could always set myself alight whilst in the car, that would teach him!

6. Your in the good ole U S OF A! REMINGTON870 18" barrel no9 36g. It's the lawww boy YEEAHWWW.

7. I can see some problems with the drowning method, too many chances for the little sod to get out of the car and the possibility of it finding an air pocket and surviving while you perish.

Good honest cleansing fire is the obvious answer. So drive at speed into a petrol tanker.

8. Source large quantities of DDT and pull your respirator on before spraying.

9. Go to a drive-through arachnatorium*...it's what they're for by jiminy, boy.

*Anyone who doubts that such a shop might exist in the US of A should consider that there are definitely drive through taxidermists, prayer booths, strip-joints, daiquiri bars (in Louisian, gospel!) so why not?

10. Actually count this as a patent submission. Why don't we have air con systems that suck and not just blow?

11. What! You'll have them swallowing instead of spitting next! Disgraceful, dear chap.

12. I had a wasp in the other day and did the same as you opened all windows and sun roof it finally went out the back window

13. was it born in the US? vote it for president,

14. There is always the danger that the fly has been irradiated by aliens and will turn into Jeff Goldblum on you way to K Mart. You'll have to shit on a tray to give him some dinner.

15. HHH

HHH LE

Go and see a plastic surgeon, get him to give you a tongue extension, then not only will you be able to catch the fly, but you'll be a big hit with the Ladies ! :nod: