Fly Fishing

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by commzmeanzbombz, Jan 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking forward to the season in April, does any one Fly Fish down in Larkhill?
  2. aeronautical characteristics of fish somewhat suspect I fear
  3. I am aware that the shooting of fish is some what frowned upon :nemo: :scratch: but I know a fair few lads who shoot and fish, I also enjoy shooting and fishing. These activities do seem to go hand in hand so I thought that I may be able to glean some info from this forum. Is there an Arrse forum that deals with piscatorial interests?? :? If I am totaly off track I shall remove this question forthwith but if anyone does know of any game fishing hot spots in the Larkhill area I would be glad to know. Cheers :fish:
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

5. Salisbury and District Angling Club; I regret to say I am an ex member and only fish when I am "over the water", the crunch came some years back when I presented myself to casualty to have a fly removed from my ear lobe. :oops:

"What is it" the sister asked, "a blue winged olive" I replied, Oh she said, "has that season started already"? :roll:

You can join the said club through "Eadies", sports and fishing tackle in Catherine Street Salisbury.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

JR Hartley has spoken!
  7. I never did find a copy!

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

HBSA next monday seconary arms of the RN in WW1!
  9. Been out of the Mob for a while but whilst in South East District i was a member of the Barton Stacey Flyfishing Club who had one bank of the River Test and a bank of the River Dever.The camp 42 Survey Engr Regt at Barton Stacey used to be just above the Test now demolished but still a training area . The opposite bank was £60 per day when we were paying £40 per season .I used to get membership from what was called a SEDO South East district order and you applied for membership they were particulary keen to get other ranks iinto the club.
    The fishing is fantastic wild and stocked browns and grayling limit was two per day and unlimited grayling.
    A call to South East Disrtict should be able to tell you if it still exists which i am sure it does.What i can tell you if you are fortunate to be able to acheive membership you will not regret it the fishing is out of this world.Dry fly and upstream nymph after August. Mayfly fortnight is truly duffers fortnight PM me if you require further info i am still in touch with the old retired Keeper. Tight lines
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I like the Itchen and have a drive along its banks near Easton, no beat just beating!
  11. Fantastic info fellas, I shall have a scout about. Cheers!
  12. Although I've never fished it, I'm certain the Army have several miles of fly fishing on the Avon. Not sure how you book or get involved but I'm sure someone will know.
  13. No I haven't :D