Florida shooting Experiences

Hi
Im going to Florida in Sept, i would like to go to a Rifle Range and have a go at a wide range of weaponry not normally available in the UK.
is there any Americans here who can point me toward any range near Orlando that i can go for shooting experiences?

many thanks
Semper :D

Saves me having to book and go on a training course in a military ranges with all the admin hassle that go with it, when i would just rather just turn up and shoot.

I couldn't be arsed getting a gun licence here(UK) as they make you go through the hoops to get one, when any Gangsta would just go down to a dodgy pub and pick one up for £30 etc
Tighting the gun laws makes no difference to them. :roll:

We went to orlando and my hubby took me into a place called
The Shooting Gallery
2911 w. 39th st.

belongs to universal weapons and is near enough opposite the jail.
tel = 407 428 6255

sorry that's as much as i know about it.

Semper, I live in Central Florida. PM me and let me know where you are going to be and when. I'll find you a decent place to shoot and maybe even come pop off a few with you.

And do you want to shoot pistol, rifle or both?

Corporal said:
Semper, I live in Central Florida. PM me and let me know where you are going to be and when. I'll find you a decent place to shoot and maybe even come pop off a few with you.

And do you want to shoot pistol, rifle or both?
Both, in for a penny in for a pound, be nice to do that.

what i am looking to shoot is Brownings, M 16s, AK47, LA1A1 SLR! even, anything else is a bonus

well guys and those who know me, im in Florida and have just fired off a 70 year old Thompson gun ! and a .45 Magnum
will be going back to the range later to try out an M16 and .44 magnum :D
i am a happy chappy , its p!ss easy to book a range and hire a gun, scarily so as i was firing next to a kids who knows fuk all about firing a shotgun he has just brought !
still i got my wits about me. thank fuk !

for some reason they banned AK47 recently which has now elapsed so will be available again soon.

chimera

LE
semper said:
for some reason they banned AK47 recently which has now elapsed so will be available again soon.
How about because the AK47 is a military assault rifle the primary purpose of which is to kill people. Letting ignorant rednecks keep them under the sofa tends to result in innocent people dying.

A wholesome dread of being shot, by the intended victim, deters would-be killers and marauders.

Those who won't be thus deterred need killing.

Kalashnikov-type rifles weren't banned under the Clinton Crime Bill. The further importation of AK-47s and AK-47 clones (such as the Chinese MAK-90) was banned.

Those that were already over here were as legal as before.

chimera said:
How about because the AK47 is a military assault rifle the primary purpose of which is to kill people. Letting ignorant rednecks keep them under the sofa tends to result in innocent people dying.
That's why I own two, I want to be able to shoot back. :D

Semper, if you ever come back, let me know ahead of time and I'll come shoot with you. Between work and hurricanes, I forgot you were here.

Corporal said:
That's why I own two, I want to be able to shoot back. :D

Semper, if you ever come back, let me know ahead of time and I'll come shoot with you. Between work and hurricanes, I forgot you were here.
no worries mate, while i was there on the second visit to the range, i also fired off a Browning, M16 and a Beretta sub machine gun.

do you know "the shooting gallery" 39th street orlando ? it not too far to go , i know off a few others and the next time i will try to go to them,

had a close call re the hurricanes, Ivan changed path at the last minute and left Florida with 3 hours to spare before Jeanne came along :wink:

I think it is located right off of I-4...been years since I was there was one of the few places that rent full autos.

Now that Knights Shooting opened in my neck of the woods [Tampa Bay Area] we have moved up to a full auto range kinda town. :D

As a cause of "innocent people dying," governments, confronting disarmed civilian populations, have civilian gun owners beaten by a generous margin.
I'm still pissed off with Blair for taking my Smith & Wesson 686 when the little sh1t came to power, I only had two pistols then, I have got nine rifles now!
Mrs Tombs keeps saying "what do you want another rifle for?"....................................Wimmin.............they just don't understand an armed nutter do they?

ctauch said:
I think it is located right off of I-4...been years since I was there was one of the few places that rent full autos.

Now that Knights Shooting opened in my neck of the woods [Tampa Bay Area] we have moved up to a full auto range kinda town. :D
thats where i went , not too bad , wished the range was abit longer to really test my markmanship.
went to Tampa Bay area and Clearwater while in Florida , nice place, i would go back again, we also went to that strange pier with an Inverted pyramid in St Peterburg.

semper said:
we also went to that strange pier with an Inverted pyramid in St Peterburg.
With the orignal name of "The Pier" :D There is a nice bar up on the roof.

shortfuse said:
Corporal said:
semper said:
wished the range was abit longer to really test my markmanship.
If it was more than 3 meters, it was farther than any Brit can shoot. :D
utter b*llocks , your missus was at least 4.5 metres away when i got her in the grinner with my warm fish yoghurt. :wink:
Oh please, we all know that is tripe as you have to sit to take a p*ss. :D

:lol: