Florida shooting Experiences

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by semper, Jul 27, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Im going to Florida in Sept, i would like to go to a Rifle Range and have a go at a wide range of weaponry not normally available in the UK.
    is there any Americans here who can point me toward any range near Orlando that i can go for shooting experiences?

many thanks
    Semper :D

Saves me having to book and go on a training course in a military ranges with all the admin hassle that go with it, when i would just rather just turn up and shoot.

I couldn't be arsed getting a gun licence here(UK) as they make you go through the hoops to get one, when any Gangsta would just go down to a dodgy pub and pick one up for £30 etc
    Tighting the gun laws makes no difference to them. :roll:
  2. We went to orlando and my hubby took me into a place called
    The Shooting Gallery
    2911 w. 39th st.

belongs to universal weapons and is near enough opposite the jail.
    tel = 407 428 6255

sorry that's as much as i know about it.
  3. Semper, I live in Central Florida. PM me and let me know where you are going to be and when. I'll find you a decent place to shoot and maybe even come pop off a few with you.

And do you want to shoot pistol, rifle or both?
  4. Both, in for a penny in for a pound, be nice to do that.
  5. what i am looking to shoot is Brownings, M 16s, AK47, LA1A1 SLR! even, anything else is a bonus
  6. well guys and those who know me, im in Florida and have just fired off a 70 year old Thompson gun ! and a .45 Magnum
    will be going back to the range later to try out an M16 and .44 magnum :D
    i am a happy chappy , its p!ss easy to book a range and hire a gun, scarily so as i was firing next to a kids who knows fuk all about firing a shotgun he has just brought !
    still i got my wits about me. thank fuk !

for some reason they banned AK47 recently which has now elapsed so will be available again soon.
  7. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

How about because the AK47 is a military assault rifle the primary purpose of which is to kill people. Letting ignorant rednecks keep them under the sofa tends to result in innocent people dying.
  8. A wholesome dread of being shot, by the intended victim, deters would-be killers and marauders.

Those who won't be thus deterred need killing.

Kalashnikov-type rifles weren't banned under the Clinton Crime Bill. The further importation of AK-47s and AK-47 clones (such as the Chinese MAK-90) was banned.

Those that were already over here were as legal as before.
  9. That's why I own two, I want to be able to shoot back. :D

Semper, if you ever come back, let me know ahead of time and I'll come shoot with you. Between work and hurricanes, I forgot you were here.
  10. Was that a .45 Wildey magnum?
  11. no worries mate, while i was there on the second visit to the range, i also fired off a Browning, M16 and a Beretta sub machine gun.

do you know "the shooting gallery" 39th street orlando ? it not too far to go , i know off a few others and the next time i will try to go to them,

had a close call re the hurricanes, Ivan changed path at the last minute and left Florida with 3 hours to spare before Jeanne came along :wink:
  12. I think it is located right off of I-4...been years since I was there was one of the few places that rent full autos.

Now that Knights Shooting opened in my neck of the woods [Tampa Bay Area] we have moved up to a full auto range kinda town. :D
  13. As a cause of "innocent people dying," governments, confronting disarmed civilian populations, have civilian gun owners beaten by a generous margin.

14. I'm still pissed off with Blair for taking my Smith & Wesson 686 when the little sh1t came to power, I only had two pistols then, I have got nine rifles now!
    Mrs Tombs keeps saying "what do you want another rifle for?"....................................Wimmin.............they just don't understand an armed nutter do they?
  15. thats where i went , not too bad , wished the range was abit longer to really test my markmanship.
    went to Tampa Bay area and Clearwater while in Florida , nice place, i would go back again, we also went to that strange pier with an Inverted pyramid in St Peterburg.