Floreat Lego!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by trickywoo56, Aug 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm normally a miserable bast as you may have gathered but this morning I bought some Lego for our 6yr old lad and some of that overpriced Playmobil stuff for the other one (4, female, going to be expensive). Well, isn't Lego fecking brill! The ultimate Father / Son experience. After a couple of ciders I was almost tearful, watching the lad pick out the pieces from the instructions. These in themselves are a work of art - sold in 3 non-indoeuropean languages and still immediatley intelligible. Bravo Lego!

2. Sounds like you need to buy yourself the Lego Technic JCB (if it's still available) and bodge up a motor to power the compressor. The kids won't be able to build it (that's your fun) but they'll be able to work the completed model - if they can tear you away from it!

3. Lego- its a wonderful thing, I can now do 2 storey garages in about 5 minutes, double the time it takes my 18month old son to destroy

RRB

edited for shite spelling

4. I'm already on Ebay looking for powered stuff! One day soon I'll stagger down the stairs at 4am and a piece of this stuff will lodge in my foot and all will be forgotten! Now bidding on Ebay for a Mindstorm kit!

5. Lego is for lightweights, real men play with Meccano!

6. Star Wars lego! I fight my six year old nephew for it, it's great.

Little Veg will be getting some whether he likes it or not.

V!

7. Drunken Ebaying - just woke uop to find I've bid £50 for a set of Lego Mindscope or some such!

8. The small Stranges are forbidden on pain of unleashing "very very shouty sweary jumping up and down Daddy" from touching my Star Wars Lego ... They get the rest.

9. Staggering down stairs at 4am is one thing, coming home and trying to creep in without waking anyone, shoes off and tiptoe upstairs until.......

Muffled swearing and hopping.

I'm sure Mrs WH leaves them on the stairs just to catch me out :evil:

10. J_D

J_D LE

Sounds like some guys need to get out more!

But its like pringles, once you pop you can't stop building!