Flora London Marathon/Marathon News magazine

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Morty, Sep 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do,
    Apparently the only way to register a place for next years London Marathon is by filling out the application form found in Marathon News magazine, a free magazine available 'from all major highstreet sports retailers', however, not in highstreet sports retailers in Greater Manchester according to the 'find store' function on the marathon website.

Anyone in the North West know how/where I can pick up a copy?

Also anyone considering running the marathon next year?

Cheers chaps
  2. Thaaaaaanks.

I'll be sure to find you on the start line and tie your laces together.
  3. Okaaaaaay!

Please don't post here again. The Arrsehole is just a few short clicks away.
  4. You should be able to find a Marathon news in any sports store, even JJB sports have them in some areas. Local running shops are a good bet too. I did the FLM2006 and never regretted it. The training will take up 80% of your life for 4 months buts its worth it. If I get in again this year I'll see you at the start line
  5. Cheers Polar', I'll check them out this weekend. I've always wanted to do it, but never got of me bum and done anything about it. Hope I can get a place!
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

7. Cheers for that Gremlin...I thought it was wierd there wasn't already a thread on FLM07 someplace!

Edited to say: I want to run for a charity, i've singled one out that'd have some relevance to me and my family, although the minimum sponsorship is 1500, which seems a daunting amount o' wonga to me. Suppose 1000's of other people manage it every year though!

Also the 'Find Store' facility on the FLM site turned up the goods, it's available pretty much everywhere so no worries on that one.

8. Regarding running for a charity...what kind of fund raising ideas have people had in the past? I'm up for doing some pretty mad stuff, i'm not much of an introvert and don't mind a bit of public humiliation for a laugh, as long as there's a few beers to be had afterwards and money gets raised.

Any suggestions?
  9. I raised £700 on begging emails, a "justgiving" website and a sponsor sheet alone, but I already had a place so there was no need to raise a huge amount. A lot of people on arrse donated after a few well placed replys to threads etc ( thanks everyone )

If you are in civvy street some companys will match whatever sum you manage to raise .

i have heard of people having school disco's to raise cash, getting son or daughters school to have a dress down day and donate the cash to your charity....raffles........balls ...etc etc

Its easy to get the sponsorship mind, harder to extract the cash afterwards