Flora London Marathon 2008

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bibo_boy, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm afraid it's that time where I'm asking for some classic ARRSE spirit...

I'm running in next years Flora London Marathon 13th April 2008 and the chosen charity I have decided to support is Heart UK (The cholesterol Charity)

You probably don't know but my family has a history of Heart Disease and there have been times when I've thought that those close to me may not be here forever...

Familial Hypercholesterolaemia is an inherited condition that can if undetected/treated can kill as young as in your 20's.

My family are relatively lucky and now only have to suffer the joy of an angiogram regularly – not a particularly pleasant experience !!!!

So please help me support teams like Heart UK as they really do make a difference.

Please take a moment to sponsor me. It's really easy - you can donate online by credit or debit card at the following address:

All donations are secure and sent electronically to HEART UK. If you are a UK taxpayer, Justgiving will automatically reclaim 28% Gift Aid on your behalf, so your donation is worth even more. Please join me in supporting HEART UK and a fabulous cause.

I plan to organise lot's of events in the next couple of months to try and meet my target.... I'm open to any ideas is I will do anything!!!!

Please give as much as you can

2. Well done bb, good drills, I did it in 2005, any questions feel free to ask
  3. msr

msr LE

I thought you had been mobilised.

4. What me ?? No one told me ! :p
  5. msr

msr LE

Not you, you loon, b_b.

6. I was....

Got cancelled :(
  7. Cheers for the support.....

This will be my second marathon and I thought I'd try and raise some money for a good cause.

As I've said, I feel so strongly about this, I will do ANYTHING for peole to sponsor me!!!! So if you need a pair of hands to do anything, let me know!!!!

I could have run for any charity, but this isn't just another general appeal for me.... this is a terrible thing to live with and the worst thing is the not knowing who may inherit it.... This is the least I could do....

I'm doing the easy bit, lol (well kind of!!!!!)

Please anyone, take the time to hit the link and make a pledge.

Thanks to you all
  8. This bold could be abused... I need a babies room decorating. Or on a more imaginative note can you use your hands to strangle Gordon Brown
  9. If your local.... I'll paint your room.... no problem or if you cover expenses?

As for Gordon Brown.... hmmm I did send him a letter the other day slagging him off... Surely that's worth a few quid.
  10. Thanks to everyone that's sponsored me so far.....

See one of the cooments from someone that has sponsored me.....

just wanted to thank you for what you are doing as my family has the same form of Cholesterol and I inherited it as well as my young brother and sister (they are 13 and 16) we were all born with it and the older one in the family have already left this world

so many thanks and good luck

I'm really surprised about the amount of people pledging....

BUT, please please please....

If you have anything you can spare? Please visit the link.

11. Hard to get tickets to the london marathon if you dont raise enough money. I wonder if Paula radcliffe with squeeze one out on the road again and will it be reported as piss again
  12. As I've said.... if someone sponsers me enough I'll lay push out a Mr Whippy on a glass topped coffe table half way round!!!!
  13. Done. Sluggy xx
  14. Cheers guy's :)

This really does make all the effort in training worth it :D

I've seen first hand how Heart Disease effects families and organisations like this really do a great job.