Floppy Disk Adaptor?

Oh technical wizards, please help a techno biff lost in a world of jargon and ‘pooter magic’! :oops:

I've a load of college work from aeons ago on floppy disks and I'd like to save it onto my current laptop, but my laptop doesn't have a floppy disk drive, so is there a floppy disk-to-USB adaptor on the market that doesn't cost so much that I have to re-mortgage my flat to buy it?

Cheers!

Dozy ‘Luddite’ Bint :D

chocolate_frog said:
For the skint / cheep option, take your disks into work and use the floppy dirves there to open the files, then save what you want onto a USB stick.
If I did that I'd have the IT Gestapo down on me like a tonne of bricks! 8O To be honest, I don't know that'd work anyway - a colleague tried to run a CD from the D: drive one weekend and said it was disabled, so I suspect the floppy drive is too as we don't have a business requirement for it. I'll do the purchasing option - safer all round!

DozyBint said:
Oh technical wizards, please help a techno biff lost in a world of jargon and ‘pooter magic’! :oops:

I've a load of college work from aeons ago on floppy disks and I'd like to save it onto my current laptop, but my laptop doesn't have a floppy disk drive, so is there a floppy disk-to-USB adaptor on the market that doesn't cost so much that I have to re-mortgage my flat to buy it?

Cheers!

Dozy ‘Luddite’ Bint :D
This is the floppy disk-to-USB drive i use with a USB Adaptor

link

External USB Floppy Drive

Part Number: PA3109E-3FDD

Price Ex.VAT Price Incl. £25.00 Inc VAT Price £29.38