Floppy Disk Adaptor?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by DozyBint, Mar 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh technical wizards, please help a techno biff lost in a world of jargon and ‘pooter magic’! :oops:

I've a load of college work from aeons ago on floppy disks and I'd like to save it onto my current laptop, but my laptop doesn't have a floppy disk drive, so is there a floppy disk-to-USB adaptor on the market that doesn't cost so much that I have to re-mortgage my flat to buy it?

Dozy ‘Luddite’ Bint :D
  2. You should be able to get a USB Floppy drive from any good PC supplier ... or you could try PCWorld.

Or somewhere like here
  3. For the skint / cheep option, take your disks into work and use the floppy dirves there to open the files, then save what you want onto a USB stick.
  4. Cheers fellas! Just what I'm looking for. I had tried Googling, but it came back with different things and I got confused! :oops:
  5. If I did that I'd have the IT Gestapo down on me like a tonne of bricks! 8O To be honest, I don't know that'd work anyway - a colleague tried to run a CD from the D: drive one weekend and said it was disabled, so I suspect the floppy drive is too as we don't have a business requirement for it. I'll do the purchasing option - safer all round!
  6. This is the floppy disk-to-USB drive i use with a USB Adaptor

External USB Floppy Drive

Part Number: PA3109E-3FDD

Price Ex.VAT Price Incl. £25.00 Inc VAT Price £29.38