Floods in Cumbria

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by The_Snail, Nov 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RAF and RNLI are involved

Brother Snail is RNLI up there, so can some night owl keep an eye on this for me please?

Cheese eating one.

2. I've seen the news, and I am not clicking on one of your links, if that's ok with you ashie.

I'm quite worried that some RAF chappie will get told off by my younger 6 foot 4 ex-KORBR Sgt brother and get offended when he tells him to "get the fucking kids on the helicopter now, or I will come up that rope ladder and give you the good news".

I'm only joking there, I'm absolutely cacking it, and humour is the only way ahead until the little (!) fecker sends me a text back.

:roll:

3. It's not a tsunami and it's not Bangladesh. He's in a sturdy boat doing what he enjoys. And he'll think you're a knob for being so concerned. :wink:

4. Concerned about what? Those vids aren't exactly 'day after tomorrow's stuff. Wet feet never killed anyone, that I know of.

5. You are actually quite right, I just looked at Sky News again, and they are all just messing about in boats in the Main Road in Cockermouth and rescuing dogs.

I should really calm my jets, but I haven't seen him on telly yet saying "Get the fucking woman off the helicopter, get the dog in there first", and he is used to sturdier boats. I shouldn't have doubted him.

6. P.S. If it's not Bangladesh, and just some old Cumbrian place, do they get a concert?

7. I'm relatively confident I can arrange a Chas n Dave Reunion and a troop of Morris dancers.

8. Suddenly, those webbed, inbred, Cumbrian fingers and toes, come into their own.
    Atlantis is an anagram of Ambleside......probably.
    Coincidence?

9. He'd prefer it if you could get The Cheeky Girls and some pole dancers, if that's ok with you?

He might be a bit soggy, either from being in a shite dinghy type thing and being on telly and me ripping his arm off with the elbow part and bloody bits, or just generally having a "feely touch" of himself at the Cheeky Girls. He's not allowed to spank himself over his own sisters - we keep catching him, and it's just inherently wrong.

You have a PM dear.

10. Brother Slug is a Scouser, same as me, we just have the curly Belle Vale toes :wink:

11. I'm not sure how I'd feel about having my name inscribed on a memorial marked 'COCKERMOUTH'.

12. Well fair play to him "Dale". My estate is evenly divvied up between the RNLI and MR. If you ever see an FCB2 named "Captain's Fancy" you'll know I've checked out.

13. Don't talk big abbreviations to me, and don't forget to pay your bill on the way to check out.

"Dale" (apparently).

14. You little tease. I've got your number.