Flogging current kit on eBay

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by JustLoitering, Jan 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there any legit reason why someone would be selling a PRR on EBay?
  2. Because they're a legitimate c0ck!
  3. so he can get mony for it?
  4. PRR......tawk t' me. Much love.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Now, if it was the PWRR they were selling, I'd know exactly where the culprit was.
  6. I expect there'll be an "unfriendly" knock on the salesmen's door quite soon. Wait. out !
  7. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Because he's handling stolen goods? They're army property not personal kit. Report him to ebay and the RMP
  8. Id sell one too, if i knew what it was ?? !! lol :roll:
  9. Eh?

PRR is a civy radio system you can buy it anywhere. I suppose that some have reached their end of life and have been sold of via defence disposals.
  10. Thanks bipolar77, i thot id never heard of one b4, if its a civvy bit of kit why the fuss ??
  11. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

No, PRR is a military radio system that you can only buy from Selex and is in service with the armed forces. To date they haven't disposed of any that I know of, as they're current. End of life tends to mean broken, rather than old.
  12. Yes. Its a grey import or its never been MOD property.

Why would anyone buy one privately is the question. Who are you going to talk to on it? AFAIK Encrypted radio nets are only allowed for public bodies under strict rules in the UK to allow GCHQ to monitor them

At least with Clansman, theres plenty of it about in civvy hands and its compatible with civvy systems. Oh, and of course, it works! :lol:
  13. In that case, id sell it to the Russians lol :twisted:
  14. PRR

For a mere $2,534 you too can own your very own PRR. Whether you'll actually be able to talk to anyone with it is a different question.
  15. i thought that RMP had a branch that was supposed to monitor ebay and look into this kind of thing?
    didn't a very dodgy storeman get into a whole world of hurt about 5 years ago for doing the same thing (selling PRR and it's ancils on ebay)?