Floating Airbus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by the_guru, Jan 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7832191.stm

Some lucky peeps there.

Double bird strike evidently.

Great pilotry....

Sky are reporting that there are no fatalities. Crash occured 3 mins into the flight.

I bet there will be a few more people paying attention to the safety brief for a while.
  2. All out- no major injuries reported.

Bloody well done.
  3. Still afloat 40mins after ditching. Not bad at all.
  4. Good drills that pilot!
  5. radio 5 confirming no deaths or major injury....but it is finally starting to sink!
  6. Great pilot and a great plane, a good advertisement for Airbus at last. Good drills
  7. I suspect Airbus shares are going up though!

P.S. Love the doctor who quote willow - caught my attention at the time as well :)
  8. So maybe cyics like me need to pay closer attention during the landing on water bit of the 'trolley dolly' brief. A great bit of flying hats off to the pilot.
  9. [​IMG]

Do my eyes deceive or are most of the people standing on the wings? Where are the big yellow life-rafts that are described in the safety brochure?

Perhaps the airlines didn't believe that landing on water is feasible and saved a few dollars here and there....?

As they say, every landing that you walk away from is a good one.
  10. I'll bet the next Airbus modification will be a tow hook in the nose so that they can be pulled to shore. :)
  11. The liferafts are the grey slides that have come out from the front right and left exit, they detach and become rafts.
  12. Puttees, the rafts are grey rather than yellow for some reason.

EDIT Damn your alacrity Bob!
  13. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Dont tell Ryanair. They will make a fortune selling brown trousers as well as the £2.50 cup of coffee.
  14. Grey, huh? Must be the spec ops option. Say no more.
  15. Damned good landing by that pilot...