Flightradar 24

Crew Training?

RYRs Crew Training Centre is at EMA and a fair few airlines also use EMA for circuits as it’s relatively quiet and has a 10,000’ odd runway. Ditto PIK.

Maybe they planned on using PIK but did some stuff at EMA first to add a bit of realism?

The callsign is a bit unusual too.

We did ours at Shannon which is an altogether better choice as the tradition was first pint free at Durty Nellie’s immediately afterwards where the bar staff added a great touch by putting the airline logo rather than a Shamrock on the head of your first Guinness as a qualified steely eyed jet jock. The day / evening / night / next morning generally went downhill from there on in.

It’s gone all civilised now as the Chief Training Captain prefers wine so they go to Chateauroux or occasionally PIK where you get a pint of 80/- and a fight. God knows where you’d go at EMA but then it’s RYR so a free pint is not on the cards.

I still can't get over the fact BA served me a Magnum ice-cream (well I got two as the plane was half empty) on the way here to Seattle. Also I got to eat meals with actual cutlery.

I still can't get over the fact BA served me a Magnum ice-cream (well I got two as the plane was half empty) on the way here to Seattle. Also I got to eat meals with actual cutlery.
You got any time there? Look at a Boeing factory tour if they still do them.

You got any time there? Look at a Boeing factory tour if they still do them.
I did think about that as we did fly over Everett more or less. I have the time but unfortunately not the physical ability. Flying 5000 miles has flared my chronic pain up massively. I'm meant to be going shooting today but doubt that will happen. I fly back on Tuesday.

I did think about that as we did fly over Everett more or less. I have the time but unfortunately not the physical ability. Flying 5000 miles has flared my chronic pain up massively. I'm meant to be going shooting today but doubt that will happen. I fly back on Tuesday.
I'm sorry to see that, @Ritch . I hope it clears soon and manage to have a good weekend.

I'm sorry to see that, @Ritch . I hope it clears soon and manage to have a good weekend.
Thanks man.

I will say this for SeaTac airport. It is quite honestly the worst airport I've come across yet. Massive immigration queues (two 773's from Korean Air discharged at the same time as our 772, resulting in a two hour wait to take our fingerprints and photo before baggage claim) very rude immigration officials and a general air of "I don't give a crap about you" from staff.

Thanks man.

I will say this for SeaTac airport. It is quite honestly the worst airport I've come across yet. Massive immigration queues (two 773's from Korean Air discharged at the same time as our 772, resulting in a two hour wait to take our fingerprints and photo before baggage claim) very rude immigration officials and a general air of "I don't give a crap about you" from staff.
We came through SeaTac about two weeks ago but we were lucky through immigration, hardly any queues - luck of the draw I suppose. Funny enough my wife and I have been talking about the immigration officials and we both think they’ve been getting much friendlier over the last few years.

Canada however...

Thanks man.

Isn't SeaTac airport the one with the hot blonde female uber driver who shags the punters, then posts the vids on the interweb?

We came through SeaTac about two weeks ago but we were lucky through immigration, hardly any queues - luck of the draw I suppose. Funny enough my wife and I have been talking about the immigration officials and we both think they’ve been getting much friendlier over the last few years.

Canada however...
The guy who checked my ESTA was a surly guy called Gonzo. Gave a severe eye-fûcking and gave a bored sigh when I said to him to have a nice day.

Two NATO E-3's over the UK, possibly for the exercise in Scotland but I haven't seen an RAF one show up for a while we mostly only get the NATO ones overs recently.

Radar2ScreenSnapz032.png

Latest Threads