Flightradar 24

The usual route passes directly over Tel Aviv and appears (as far as what shows up on Flight radar24) to originate from Jordan. The apparent abberation in route may just be due to the data being from T-MLAT, which seems to be the least reliable source.

as for "Israeli's are pounding Gaza" - Yesterday morning around 5 am a Hamas missile from Gaza took out a family residence 75 miles inside Israel and by the time you wrote that, they had fired at least 30 more missiles at Israeli communities (by 03.15 this morning it was over 60).
Usually, the Voyagers don't show up on FR24 and it's usually ADSB that picks them up as they leave Syrian airspace, they take a variety of routes but yesterday's route deviation was out of the ordinary. If it was just their route that showed a detour, I'd be inclined to agree with you - however civilian air traffic was doing pretty much the same thing, following the same sort of routes.

As for Israel attacking Gaza, I'm not slating the Jews at all. They are entitled to defend themselves against such attacks from Hamas. I was just merely stating how their airpower are pounding targets.

Usually, the Voyagers don't show up on FR24 and it's usually ADSB that picks them up as they leave Syrian airspace, they take a variety of routes but yesterday's route deviation was out of the ordinary. If it was just their route that showed a detour, I'd be inclined to agree with you - however civilian air traffic was doing pretty much the same thing, following the same sort of routes.

As for Israel attacking Gaza, I'm not slating the Jews at all. They are entitled to defend themselves against such attacks from Hamas. I was just merely stating how their airpower are pounding targets.
I am unable to say what is usual regarding those RAF flights but I am used to seeing them every few weeks following the route over Tel Aviv (I don't look at FR24 most of the time). I didn't notice any changes in civvie flight paths yesterday evening but there certainly were on Monday evening due to severe thunderstorms blowing in from the Med (the weather had been forecast in advance - it looks like Hamas used the cover afforded by the clouds to prepare and fire their long range missile).

Last edited:
I am unable to say what is usual regarding those RAF flights but I am used to seeing them every few weeks following the route over Tel Aviv (I don't look at FR24 most of the time). I didn't notice any changes in civvie flight paths yesterday evening but there certainly were on Monday evening due to severe thunderstorms blowing in from the Med.
Deviations of 100 miles or more are not unusual if you get a line of storms such as you get along coastlines so that fits. Rule of thumb is avoid any storm cell by 20+ nautical miles so string a few together....

For the record, are Security Manager is still mandating avoidance of Syrian airspace.

Deviations of 100 miles or more are not unusual if you get a line of storms such as you get along coastlines so that fits. Rule of thumb is avoid any storm cell by 20+ nautical miles so string a few together....

For the record, are Security Manager is still mandating avoidance of Syrian airspace.
I remember flying back from Cyprus as a young teenager and we took off during a bad bout of weather for the region. We actually flew East into Israeli airspace as the map on the aircraft put us not far off Jerusalem before we turned north and routed up towards Turkey. Quite a detour and a extremely bumpy ride!

Got a Saudi Tornado doing circuits in/out of Warton over my house atm.
The last pass was wings back, gear down. Very weird.
Still, at least I get to see Tornados for a bit longer than most.
tornado.JPG

Flight radar 24 can be addictive on a good day. I live in Inverness so pick up just about everything heading NW or SE between Wick and Fort William. I reckon some are military as I can physically see them but nothing on Flightradar 24.

Latest Threads