Flightradar 24

Unfortunately, due to a SNAFU with my phone, I can't upload the videos I took of the memorial flypast. It was brilliant though and well worth the wait in the cold.

We live near the flightpath of London Southend and my wife hates even the limited noise we get. She rants every time that expansion of the airport is mentioned on the news. So when Fly BMI hit the rocks, she thought it was FlyBe, who fly out of Southend and was chuffed to bits. So disappointed when I put her right.
I've just let her know that FlyBe's future is more secure and got the expected reply.

We live near the flightpath of London Southend and my wife hates even the limited noise we get. She rants every time that expansion of the airport is mentioned on the news. So when Fly BMI hit the rocks, she thought it was FlyBe, who fly out of Southend and was chuffed to bits. So disappointed when I put her right.
I've just let her know that FlyBe's future is more secure and got the expected reply.

And may even expand if Beardy decides to up the services to mainland Europe, as he’s hinting at after Flybe is rebranded as Virgin xxxx.

FlyVirgin, or VirginBe?

The speed of sound is relative to still air. This thing would need to be doing nigh on 200mph to be standing still in Mach 1.0 terms.

All a waste of time anyway as LHR is a coordinated airport so they would have been hanging on the edge of the stall from west Ireland and even then gone into the hold to stay within arrival slot parameters. It’s a farce.

Latest aircraft to be painted in a retro livery is a BA A319. Heading to Shannon this weekend.

IMG_20190222_184224.jpg

I am hoping that Corgi will produce a commemorative diecast set with each paint scheme available. That would be well worth collecting.
Just had a quick scan of Google but can't see anything, which is a shame.

I put this in the Mi Amigo thread but just in case anyone doesn't see that in there, heres the view from a Strike Eagle cockpit at the start of the missing man formation.

@721CXT im gobsmacked by the latest stats on my stubby antenna! FR24 as of last night says the furthest contact is now 302nm.
I’m high up with a clear line of sight above south west Sheffield and that’s reflected on the polar plot as most of the traffic plotted is directly north on the plot

I've probably said it before but it's bears repeating that FR24 and all those sites rely on cooperative targets. Not all targets are cooperative and that's why ATC don't rely on ADS-B or the other cooperative technology. Enjoy, but you're not seeing the full picture ;-)

Latest Threads