Flightradar 24

VA first A350 flight is set for Sept 9th. LHR-EWR.
They’re hinting at 2 seat layouts. Some will have Upper, premium & steerage. Some say the beach routes will be steerage only. I hope not!
I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Virgin have never been known to be sympathetic to passenger comfort!

Glasgow Airport closed due to heavy snow. All inbound flights held but no diverting to Edinburgh. The Icelandic crew are probably facepalming.

Screenshot_20190122-095847~2.jpg

Glasgow Airport closed due to heavy snow. All inbound flights held but no diverting to Edinburgh. The Icelandic crew are probably facepalming.

View attachment 373251
Open again now. Some diverted to Edinburgh (including that KLM flight), and at least one to Prestwick.
It seemed a bit strange to me as the traffic cameras didn't show much snow on the adjacent M8.

1548157756260.png

Open again now. Some diverted to Edinburgh (including that KLM flight), and at least one to Prestwick.
It seemed a bit strange to me as the traffic cameras didn't show much snow on the adjacent M8.

View attachment 373263
Probably the diverts are due to low visibility procedures, which mean longer gaps between arrivals, so lengthening the amount of time airplanes have to hold, and eventually some have to divert or go below legal fuel reserves. 3 easyjets went elsewhere, and the Icelandair to Aberdeen (ABZ).

Probably the diverts are due to low visibility procedures, which mean longer gaps between arrivals, so lengthening the amount of time airplanes have to hold, and eventually some have to divert or go below legal fuel reserves. 3 easyjets went elsewhere, and the Icelandair to Aberdeen (ABZ).
There was no departures or arrivals for almost an hour. The IcelandAir was holding for a good half hour.

There was no departures or arrivals for almost an hour. The IcelandAir was holding for a good half hour.
Apropos of nothing: is there a bad half hour?

View attachment 373263
Runways can’t really be pretreated in the way you can grit roads. A liquid compound is sprayed on and as runways are designed to drain quickly timing can be a bit critical.

From what I can remember, the throttle stuck open on landing and there was an issue with one of the engines. If it is VBIG - good luck!
Sitting here at Orlando waiting to come back to the UK and G-VBIG has just pulled up to the gate, hopefully fully serviceable.

Sitting here at Orlando waiting to come back to the UK and G-VBIG has just pulled up to the gate, hopefully fully serviceable.
Shìt... Can I have your boots?

Safe flight back!

Latest Threads