Flightradar 24

What a wànker. Probably had a nice fluffy bed put in on the plane.
There’s a VIP ‘pod’ which can be carried on our C-17s so yes, he had a nice en-suite comfortable bedroom.

However, whatever his faults, at least Cameron displayed some level of interest in Defence unlike Corbyn.

Regards,
MM

There’s a VIP ‘pod’ which can be carried on our C-17s so yes, he had a nice en-suite comfortable bedroom.

However, whatever his faults, at least Cameron displayed some level of interest in Defence unlike Corbyn.

Regards,
MM
There is that.

I was talking to a mate the other day and said that even though I don't vote for the Tories, I wouldn't want Corbyn to come to power. The amount of damage he'd do to the Armed Forces and our defence is unthinkable.

As for the pod, I did not know that - thanks!

I like watching FR24 we get a lot of criss crossing contrails overhead its nice to put a name to the face so to speak but you cant beat watching the real thing,

going to take a trip to the mach loop one of these days

Look at General Electric's 747-400 with a GE90x engine test. An absolute monster of an engine.

IMG_20181228_202535.jpg

I like watching FR24 we get a lot of criss crossing contrails overhead its nice to put a name to the face so to speak but you cant beat watching the real thing,

going to take a trip to the mach loop one of these days
There’s apparently a perfectly positioned lay-by with a short climb to a viewing point where you can watch stuff going round the Mach Loop below you. There’s also apparently a well informed local network that tells you when it’s going to be active.

I’ve not managed to unearth info on either as my Google Fu is weak at best.

Any info gratefully received.

As for names to faces, my Mrs uses FR24 as the most reliable source of info as to when to put dinner on (and once a year, some slinky gear on).

If you’re bored, and I mean really bored, you can watch TOM045 on Sunday night around 2200z and put my name to it. Before anyone asks, I’ll not be providing timings for the Mrs donning the kit...

Last edited:
There’s apparently a perfectly positioned lay-by with a short climb to a viewing point where you can watch stuff going round the Mach Loop below you. There’s also apparently a well informed local network that tells you when it’s going to be active.

I’ve not managed to unearth info on either as my Google Fu is weak at best.

Any info gratefully received.

As for names to faces, my Mrs uses FR24 as the most reliable source of info as to when to put dinner on (and once a year, some slinky gear on).

If you’re bored, and I mean really bored, you can watch TOM045 on Sunday night around 2200z and put my name to it. Before anyone asks, I’ll not be providing timings for the Mrs donning the kit...
I'll have a quick look no doubt, just to make sure you haven't crashed the plane. ;) Where are you off to this time?

As for the Mach Loop, a friend has told me of a Facebook group which shares the timings of certain airframes passing through. This information is subject to change obviously, but it's put together my regulars who note down routines in aircraft passing through the loop. I'm not on FaceAche so I can't provide a link.

For the record, I've not actually met him. What I did do though, was totally balls up quoting a post...

I'll have a quick look no doubt, just to make sure you haven't crashed the plane. ;) Where are you off to this time?

As for the Mach Loop, a friend has told me of a Facebook group which shares the timings of certain airframes passing through. This information is subject to change obviously, but it's put together my regulars who note down routines in aircraft passing through the loop. I'm not on FaceAche so I can't provide a link.
I’m already here, sat on the beach in Punta Cana which is hard going. Actually got a few days off here for a change. Inbound to Gatwick overnight Sunday, fuckwits with toys permitting, otherwise I’ll divert to Manchester which is a better plan anyway as my car’s there.

Here you go.
Military low flying: RAF operational low flying training timetable

I’m already here, sat on the beach in Punta Cana which is hard going. Actually got a few days off here for a change. Inbound to Gatwick overnight Sunday, fuckwits with toys permitting, otherwise I’ll divert to Manchester which is a better plan anyway as my car’s there.
Aha, I had a look at the flight number and saw Punta Cana and Gatwick which got me a bit confused. Nice to have a few days off, unless you're dying to get home for the inevitable in-laws and arguments at Christmas.

Well I tell you what, if you send me £50 via PayPal, I'll have a drive down to Gatwick with my drone and spend a little time shutting Gatwick down so you can divert. :D

A mates brother is a F/O with BA. He reckons he’s got some sort of thing going where he flys himself on holiday. He works his leave & shift so he’s flying to wherever he’s staying, has his family holiday & then flys them back again. Not sure how true it is though.

As an aside, I work with quite a few ex cabin crew. The tales they tell about the crew area on 747s & the downtime at the destination/layover hotel are enough to make your eyes water. Pilots are not excepted either!

A mates brother is a F/O with BA. He reckons he’s got some sort of thing going where he flys himself on holiday. He works his leave & shift so he’s flying to wherever he’s staying, has his family holiday & then flys them back again. Not sure how true it is though.

As an aside, I work with quite a few ex cabin crew. The tales they tell about the crew area on 747s & the downtime at the destination/layover hotel are enough to make your eyes water. Pilots are not excepted either!
I call bollocks unless his family holiday is 24-72 hours which is a pretty standard layover.

As for antics overseas, I call bollocks again.

(Cough)

I call bollocks unless his family holiday is 24-72 hours which is a pretty standard layover.

As for antics overseas, I call bollocks again.

(Cough)
It's all gangbangs and orgies in the cockpit when the autopilot is engaged, isn't it?

Latest Threads