Flightradar 24

Air Force Two taking off from Colorado.

Screenshot_20181021-183850.jpg

Also, the Blue Angels were on the screen, no doubt waiting to do a flypast over the Formula One?

Whats the deal with private jets on Flightradar not having a start or finish destination?

Just spotted a Douglas A4 Skyhawk at 29,000ft over Austin. ARRSE won't let me attach the screenshot.

It was being operated by a 'Draken International' who use old air assets and are contracted by the US military to do tasks in place of serving military aircraft, therefore saving airframe hours and costs.

From what I can dig up, the A4 is contracted to do JTAC training sorties with the USMC.

1540367386424.png

This chap or chapess was certainly rumbling as he went over, the radar track started just off the coast near Brugge. A nice early morning cabby across to the UK, drop down to a couple of thousand feet, crank on the power, wake up the locals in Yorkshire then f**k off back home. ;)

Just spotted a Douglas A4 Skyhawk at 29,000ft over Austin. ARRSE won't let me attach the screenshot.

It was being operated by a 'Draken International' who use old air assets and are contracted by the US military to do tasks in place of serving military aircraft, therefore saving airframe hours and costs.

From what I can dig up, the A4 is contracted to do JTAC training sorties with the USMC.
This company use old airframes for training. Mostly seen are off the north Florida/Georgia coast

ATAC - The Company

I think I've posted about if before in here

1540368780375.png

Whats the deal with private jets on Flightradar not having a start or finish destination?
I'm not sure. @Toastie might have an idea.
Just a guess.

I think FR operates by interrogating data embedded in a ATC Flight Plan. In simple terms, passenger jets and those accessing certain types of Controlled Airspace are required to file a Flight Plan which contains this data. Some biz jets may be operating outside that airspace, therefore don’t have to file a Flight Plan, therefore FR can’t access the data?

As I say, pure speculation on my part.

View attachment 358734
This chap or chapess was certainly rumbling as he went over, the radar track started just off the coast near Brugge. A nice early morning cabby across to the UK, drop down to a couple of thousand feet, crank on the power, wake up the locals in Yorkshire then f**k off back home. ;)
Be honest, if you had one you’d do the same! I’d just make sure it was fitted with JDAM or something and ensure a system malfunction involving weapons release coincided with overflight of say, Luton, to take a purely (ahem) random example.

Just a guess.

I think FR operates by interrogating data embedded in a ATC Flight Plan. In simple terms, passenger jets and those accessing certain types of Controlled Airspace are required to file a Flight Plan which contains this data. Some biz jets may be operating outside that airspace, therefore don’t have to file a Flight Plan, therefore FR can’t access the data?

Sounds like a good shout!

Just a guess.

Also of course is the commercial privacy aspect. If I was taking my board of directors to visit a company we were thinking of taking over I would not like all and sundry to know we were in their area. There’ll be people who’s job it is to spot this stuff.

Be honest, if you had one you’d do the same! I’d just make sure it was fitted with JDAM or something and ensure a system malfunction involving weapons release coincided with overflight of say, Luton, to take a purely (ahem) random example.

NAVY callsign - a Beech - squawking 7700 and landing pretty damn quick. No word what was up.

Screenshot_20181101-100206.jpg

Leicester City squad over Romania on their way to Thailand via Dubai... On a tiny A319!

Screenshot_20181103-221107__01.jpg

Latest Threads