Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flightradar 24

I have a bit of a feeling that there's been flying there a lot longer than that. In fact not long after that I was wazzing around NI at all sorts of heights 24/7.

There has been, for sure: spent a bit of time in military helicopters myself round there. Indeed, the whole time I was a kid, jet aircraft flew overhead.

The point is that this one (LoganAir) aircraft is one noisy bugger, and it's every night/morning.

I have a bit of a feeling that there's been flying there a lot longer than that. In fact not long after that I was wazzing around NI at all sorts of heights 24/7.
1917 according to wiki

Look at the state of this. As far as I know, the mail is still stuck on board after the hard landing. The pictures show serious damage.

501CA03A-C172-46A9-B55A-85AB7378FE0E.jpeg

“Bit late on the round-out Hoskins”

Attachments

• 731D52AF-43FB-47FE-9C34-FCFF6FE01E8C.jpeg
    731D52AF-43FB-47FE-9C34-FCFF6FE01E8C.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 13

Ritch

LE
Methinks there’s more to this than meets the eye?

I'm guessing so. There's a difference between a hard landing and from what I've heard, this just smacked into the ground.

Comments are saying it'll be a hull loss. It'd take a fair bit of polish and a good panel beater to get those dents out! :D

Look at the state of this. As far as I know, the mail is still stuck on board after the hard landing. The pictures show serious damage.

Bloody hell, you're in better condition than that is Ritch!

I've been spraying it with colloidal silver which apparently is good for wounds. It's doing alright because only a few days ago, it was still a sluffy mess.
Seeing your health is a wee bit on the dodgy side, I would have supposed they'd have fitted a zip for the next tim?

BlipDriver

Old-Salt
There has been, for sure: spent a bit of time in military helicopters myself round there. Indeed, the whole time I was a kid, jet aircraft flew overhead.

The point is that this one (LoganAir) aircraft is one noisy bugger, and it's every night/morning.
G-GNTF is a Saab 340AF built in 1988 with General-Electric CT7-5A2 turboprop engines. According to Wikipedia the later models had more powerful engines, so ironically may be quieter as they would be less stressed at the same performance.

Has the noise been going on for a long time, as it may be a new aircraft on the route, a different pilot ragging the engines a little longer, or they may have tweaked the sid after someone else complained.

Could be worth a phonecall to the airfield or to Loganair as I'm sure that if no-one complains they'll keep doing it; they may not be able to do anything anyway, but at least they'll know.

Noise has just been going on for a few weeks, so your theory may indeed be correct. My father says that he'd was thinking about phoning the airport, but wasn't sure if that was the appropriate thing (hence my original question).

Cheers, and thanks.

Ritch

LE
Seeing your health is a wee bit on the dodgy side, I would have supposed they'd have fitted a zip for the next tim?

To say they've opened it twice, I'm happy with it. It adds to my collection of scars!

Ritch

LE
A US MQ-1 drone has crash landed in a field in Niger. Hellfires attached and everything.

20210124_124028.jpg
20210124_124023.jpg

The driver was obviously in the bog when they covered ‘Flare’ in flight school.
There has been talk of the aircraft not being loaded correctly. C of G being in the 'wrong' place could cause a heavy landing.
Wonder if they managed to get the mail off yet?

Latest Threads