Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flightradar 24

Sorry Mate. I mean his rank insignia.
Strange rank tabs for someone flying RAF aircraft from an RAF station but I suppose they have to find some employment for fishheads ;-)

If it was for real you could check it with an app on your phone or watch yourself on flight radar. Just mention that to the examiner I bet they will be impressed with your lateral thinking and pass you.

Honest
Cool. I’ll give it a go.

Apparently 617 had a bit of a piss-up to celebrate the Dams raid, put on by Avro. Someone should probably have proof-read the menu :)

1607088067566.jpeg

Dam Busters motto from after the uuuummm Dam Busters raid After me comes the flood so f**k you box headed twats!
“Oi, Adolf, us Brits are King Of The Swampers”

Hmm, just had a Eurofighter blasting out of Warton over my house. Very unusual that there is flying on a weekend from there.
It's now headed NW out over the Irish Sea.

warton2.JPG

Ah, it's a trainer, could be doing a VIP/media flight.

Ritch

LE
Hmm, just had a Eurofighter blasting out of Warton over my house. Very unusual that there is flying on a weekend from there.
It's now headed NW out over the Irish Sea.

View attachment 526361

With just a slight climb rate of 10,000ft per minute. Nothing too taxing. :D

With just a slight climb rate of 10,000ft per minute. Nothing too taxing. :D
Yeah, it was fair climbing when it banked over here. Can't see what happened to it as I had to go into the attic to get the decorations, but I do think it was on a jolly for someone.

Yeah, it was fair climbing when it banked over here. Can't see what happened to it as I had to go into the attic to get the decorations, but I do think it was on a jolly for someone.
Open the airfield, bring in all the staff on a Saturday for a jolly?

Open the airfield, bring in all the staff on a Saturday for a jolly?
Not with covid atm.They do have an employees family day, but that is usually during the summer and it's really, really hard to get an invite if not a BAE employee. I know some quite senior people there and still get f***ed off when I politely ask. They will cave in one day (I hope).
As I said, it is very unusual that they fly at weekends, anf with the trainer vairent, it hs to be a VIP jolly or media thing. Weird timing though.

Not with covid atm.They do have an employees family day, but that is usually during the summer and it's really, really hard to get an invite if not a BAE employee. I know some quite senior people there and still get f***ed off when I politely ask. They will cave in one day (I hope).
As I said, it is very unusual that they fly at weekends, anf with the trainer vairent, it hs to be a VIP jolly or media thing. Weird timing though.
Can you identify any visiting private jets on the tarmac ?!

Can you identify any visiting private jets on the tarmac ?!
Sadly I live under the flightpath about 5 miles from the runway end, so I have no idea what is there today. Also not helped by Blackpool having more than a few private jets coming and going every day as well as BAE having it's own fleet of small (and not so small) passenger jets based at Warton.

Ritch

LE
A new tracking app has gone live on Android and the Apple thingy. It's called SkyScanWorld. You'll be able to track everything going really but you'll have to pay up to £27 a year if you want it.

Ritch

LE
Whoever mentioned Huey's moving pylons the other day, here you go.