Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flightradar 24

Ritch

LE
3 new F-35s should be making the journey across from Gander in Newfoundland later today on delivery to RAF Marham. I think that will still mean there are more serviceable Spitfires in the UK than there are F-35s but it's all going in the right direction. I think we might only be getting one or two next year.

Two new Apache 'E' Guardian's arrived by road at Wattisham yesterday.

Any idea what time they'll be arriving at Marham?

R0B

War Hero
Any idea what time they'll be arriving at Marham?

I heard it was going to be late evening which means it will be dark.

You'll be able to track the tankers as they leave Gander but there is snow in Gander and Marham saying 30% chance of fog tonight so it wouldn't surprise me if it gets pushed off a day.

. . . Two new Apache 'E' Guardian's arrived by road at Wattisham yesterday.
Mmmm . . .

United Kingdom
Main article: AgustaWestland Apache

UK Army Air Corps Westland WAH-64D Apache Longbow displays at a UK airshow

The UK currently operates a modified version of the Apache Longbow; initially called the Westland WAH-64 Apache, it is designated the Apache AH1 by the British Army. Westland built 67 WAH-64 Apaches under license from Boeing,[181] following a competition between the Eurocopter Tiger and the Apache for the British Army's new Attack Helicopter in 1995.[182][183] Important deviations made by AgustaWestland from the U.S. Apache variants include changing to more powerful Rolls-Royce engines,[184] and the addition of a folding blade assembly for use on naval ships.[185]

On 11 July 2016, the Ministry of Defence confirmed a U.S. Foreign Military Sale worth $2.3 billion for 50 AH-64Es to be built in Mesa, Arizona. Leonardo Helicopters in the UK is to maintain the current fleet of Apaches until 2023–2024, with a long-term plan for Leonardo and other UK companies to "do most of the work" on the new fleet.[186] The deal includes an initial support contract for maintenance of the new helicopters, along with spare parts and training simulators for UK pilots. The first UK helicopters are due off the U.S. production line in early 2020 and will begin entering service with the British Army in 2022.

"To further guarantee value for money, systems from the current Apache fleet, such as the Modernised Target Acquisition & Designation System, and the Longbow Fire Control Radar, will be reused and incorporated into the new helicopters where possible."[187] Approval for the re-manufacture of fifty of the UK's WAH-64 Mk 1 fleet to AH-64E Apache Guardian standard had been given by the Defense Security Cooperation Agency in August 2015.[188]

The aircraft will utilise the General Electric T700 engine rather than the Turbomeca RTM322 from the current fleet; the first off-the-shelf purchase of a GE engine by the Ministry of Defence.[189]

Ritch

LE
I heard it was going to be late evening which means it will be dark.

You'll be able to track the tankers as they leave Gander but there is snow in Gander and Marham saying 30% chance of fog tonight so it wouldn't surprise me if it gets pushed off a day.

Aye, I've been having a look every now and then to see I can spot the tankers on ADSB

Portuguese P-3 has been doing a coastal patrol...

Portuguese Orion.png

Yesterday an US Navy P8 was off the coast of France for several hours. People on Twitter were speculating about a Russian sub.
Hmmmm, that's a possibility.

3 new F-35s should be making the journey across from Gander in Newfoundland later today on delivery to RAF Marham. I think that will still mean there are more serviceable Spitfires in the UK than there are F-35s but it's all going in the right direction. I think we might only be getting one or two next year.

Two new Apache 'E' Guardian's arrived by road at Wattisham yesterday.
Are these the Apache's that can operate with an accompanying drone?

ABNredleg

War Hero
Are these the Apache's that can operate with an accompanying drone?
Yes, although I don’t know if any British UAVs have been tested.

Ritch

LE
There's a Watchkeeper drone up off the coast of Scotland at 10,000ft.

Screenshot_20201130-144102.jpg

Ritch

LE
And there's an F35 up but not one of those arriving.

Screenshot_20201130-152726.jpg

And there's an F35 up but not one of those arriving.

View attachment 525101
I've been checking every 15 mins or so and only seen that one you've posted, and one Voyager refuelling east of the Wash. No sign of another tanker or F-35s.

Ritch

LE
I've been checking every 15 mins or so and only seen that one you've posted, and one Voyager refuelling east of the Wash. No sign of another tanker or F-35s.
ADSB doesn't show anything Atlantic wise. I think the only reason it showed on FR24 was it was being tracked by satellite.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201130-155112_Flightradar24.jpg
    Screenshot_20201130-155112_Flightradar24.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 15
Yep, got it as well and in company with a Voyager.

Screenshot_20201130_164310.png

I don't know if it's correct or not, but the Voyager seems to have originated at Gander, and the F-35 at Luke AFB, Phoenix.

Ritch

LE
I don't know if it's correct or not, but the Voyager seems to have originated at Gander, and the F-35 at Luke AFB, Phoenix.

It could have transited with top off's by USAF tankers but it's a long trek for the pilot. Would have thought they'd stop at Gander for a rest etc.

Latest Threads