Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flightradar 24

Ritch

LE
Souda Bay is pretty quiet these days in my experience (civi name Chania).

I was in Crete this summer and the barman’s brother is an F16 jock. It was when tensions with Turkey were ramping up over sub sea mineral rights around Rhodes and they were essentially on a war footing. I hadn’t realised that just down the road from Heraklion is a military base not marked on any chart I’ve seen.

He rang his brother after our chat and 20 mins later a pair of F16s (under licence from the escalating tensions) gave us a fly past worthy of Tom Cruise. I was loving it but fat Brits were ticking about the noise.

I rented a quad for a week when I was last there and took myself off down the coast past Hersonissos and then onto Heraklion itself. It got a bit dicey on the dual carriageway when one of my wing mirrors decided enough was enough and buggered off when I was doing 50mph.

Didn't get to Souda Bay, decided to turn round.

The area I stay in, Stalida is pretty good for anyone interested in planes as they head pretty much straight for you before making the final turn close to the coast at about 4,000ft.

At night, the tourists think the landing lights are Chinese lanterns until a rumbling fills the air.

Naples also has a military presence. The US Mediterranean HQ was / is (?) there. Not much in the way of fast air but admin stuff was common, particularly the converted DC9 air ambulances, something or other numbers but called Nightingale.

Naples also has a military presence. The US Mediterranean HQ was / is (?) there. Not much in the way of fast air but admin stuff was common, particularly the converted DC9 air ambulances, something or other numbers but called Nightingale.
C-9B for USN and USMC.

AFsouth, allowed to use the PX there when alongside in Naples.

Ritch

LE
There must have been a Nimitz off the coast of Italy yesterday as I spotted a C2 Greyhound heading out to see, descending.

Slime

LE
That’s it!

well done you! :-D

Even without pixelation it isn’t an exciting pic, only three choppers on the mil side. :)

CC37CC5B-485A-4A5B-BC2F-935316CF9C7C.jpeg

@Toastie - thought this best thread.

Air hostesses..."flight attendants". Ive had the pleasure of quite a few. Mainly in gulf hubs. I found they were all very down to earth and actually far removed from the public-facing image they present. Ive actually had one put her nokia inside her and get me to ring her. (you can see how out of date I am also here).

How are they regarded by the flightdeck? Is it like new Wrens on a ship and people think "I'm gonna nail her?" and the new wren putting out all she can publicity aboiut how decent and happily engaged she is...to be nailed by several the week after?

We were always told one of the biggest cause of STDs in the RN are air hostesses. I never scored crabs or other off one but - I know many who did. Is it still the same? Do they still give it the 'rockstar' when downroute?

Can't remember which floor it was but the Jumeirah in Dubai had a floor designated for flight crews. I'd trapped a fecking essence bird- and her female colleague was with her also, and willing. I had to nip out to get more cigs.
Bloke in turban on security would not let me back in.
I contemplated suicide that night!

@Toastie - thought this best thread.

Air hostesses..."flight attendants". Ive had the pleasure of quite a few. Mainly in gulf hubs. I found they were all very down to earth and actually far removed from the public-facing image they present. Ive actually had one put her nokia inside her and get me to ring her. (you can see how out of date I am also here).

How are they regarded by the flightdeck? Is it like new Wrens on a ship and people think "I'm gonna nail her?" and the new wren putting out all she can publicity aboiut how decent and happily engaged she is...to be nailed by several the week after?

We were always told one of the biggest cause of STDs in the RN are air hostesses. I never scored crabs or other off one but - I know many who did. Is it still the same? Do they still give it the 'rockstar' when downroute?

Can't remember which floor it was but the Jumeirah in Dubai had a floor designated for flight crews. I'd trapped a fecking essence bird- and her female colleague was with her also, and willing. I had to nip out to get more cigs.
Bloke in turban on security would not let me back in.
I contemplated suicide that night!
Most crew nowadays are in a hurry to get to bed.

To try and sleep.

Long gone are the decent layovers and wild parties. The Fun Police finally snuffed out the last the last of it in about 2010. Every Head Office is now full of drones, most suffocating under the dead hand of HR and all terrified of the thought that crew might have a bit of fun once in a while in return for all the shit they cop for along the way.

As forDoctors and Nurses, that fantasy died long ago. Around the time that pilots were getting trapped and suddenly finding themselves rifling bins half way through the month as the salary gets diverted at source to a stunning array of bitter ex wives, not a few of whom were crew so knew exactly what the script was.

Whoever it was that said “don’t shit in your own doorstep” is the only rightful nemesis of The Emperor. Pal of mine, senior trainer, management role, on major dosh and mahoosive pension. One night and a few beers. His Mrs had the lot and he got busted from both positions for “abuse of trust” or some such cobblers. The Bright Young Thing he’d porked wasn’t about to stick her head above the parapet in his defence.

Last time I saw him, one room bedsit in Luton.

Stick to wanking.

Ritch

LE

To try and sleep.

Long gone are the decent layovers and wild parties. The Fun Police finally snuffed out the last the last of it in about 2010. Every Head Office is now full of drones, most suffocating under the dead hand of HR and all terrified of the thought that crew might have a bit of fun once in a while in return for all the shit they cop for along the way.

As forDoctors and Nurses, that fantasy died long ago. Around the time that pilots were getting trapped and suddenly finding themselves rifling bins half way through the month as the salary gets diverted at source to a stunning array of bitter ex wives, not a few of whom were crew so knew exactly what the script was.

Whoever it was that said “don’t shit in your own doorstep” is the only rightful nemesis of The Emperor. Pal of mine, senior trainer, management role, on major dosh and mahoosive pension. One night and a few beers. His Mrs had the lot and he got busted from both positions for “abuse of trust” or some such cobblers. The Bright Young Thing he’d porked wasn’t about to stick her head above the parapet in his defence.

Last time I saw him, one room bedsit in Luton.

Stick to wanking.

Plus after taking off the 3 inch of industrial make up that BA flight attendants wear, this is what they look like.

ugly-woman-funny-ugly-people-pictures-19.jpg

It makes it easier not to try and trap them.

To try and sleep.

Long gone are the decent layovers and wild parties. The Fun Police finally snuffed out the last the last of it in about 2010.
Guy I worked with in ABZ went fixed wing and worked for Air 2000 around 1998/9. Met up a year or so later and he was operating out of Glasgow on the once a week flight to Cancún. He’d take the aircraft to Mexico and hand it over to the crew flying it back. Then he’d have a week off in Cancún with the rest of his crew, including more than a few trolley dollies.

He was married and said he had to work very hard not to stray. Funnily enough I believed him.

Last edited:
Guy I worked with in ABZ went fixed wing and worked for Air 2000 around 1998/9. Met up a year or so later and he was operating out of Glasgow on the once a week flight to Cancún. He’d take the aircraft to Mexico and hand it over to the crew flying it back. Then he’d have a week off in Cancún with the rest of his crew, including more than a few trolley dollies.

He was married and said he had to work very hard not to stray. Funnily enough I believed him.
Canned C#nt is case in point. It’s pretty much daily now (well, was). Typical crew rotation is (U.K. local times):

Monday: Report 0800 into hotel CUN 2200, eat, few beers, bed 0100
Tuesday: Breakfast 1100, try to kip again, snack, report 2100
Wednesday: land 0700. If landing at home base, drive home and bed at 0900. If not landing at home base, hotel, bed at 0800 up at 1400, lunch transport back to home base, arriving typically at 2000 ish.

3 days off. Repeat.

Not much time / energy for shagging.

Latest Threads