Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flightradar 24

1601058490716.png

Not a lot of Mil activity showing this evening :)

Ritch

LE
Could be my filter settings...what should I tick and enable mate?

It probably isn't on your end mate, Freedar is notoriously spotty.

The only thing I have enabled is "Military" on the filters. Leave everything unchecked. I recommend that you use Freedar for the military stuff and then leave all the commercial stuff to something else like FlightRadar24 or PlaneFinder.

Edit: sometimes changing the receiver from UK feed to World shows up one's that are hiding.

I love how the Yanks use 60 year-old warplanes and tankers even older to put the Russians in their box.

Ritch

LE
I love how the Yanks use 60 year-old warplanes and tankers even older to put the Russians in their box.

That old phrase comes to mind, "If it ain't broke..."
It'll be even funnier when the B52 is still in service in 40 years!

homeworker

War Hero
It probably isn't on your end mate, Freedar is notoriously spotty.

The only thing I have enabled is "Military" on the filters. Leave everything unchecked. I recommend that you use Freedar for the military stuff and then leave all the commercial stuff to something else like FlightRadar24 or PlaneFinder.

Edit: sometimes changing the receiver from UK feed to World shows up one's that are hiding.
I use this, Home - Serving the Flight Tracking Enthusiast - ADS-B Exchange, they have a Military filter that works pretty well but saying that it did not pick up the 'Fat Albert' that was stooging aound Skye on Thursday.

Ritch

LE

tgo

War Hero
That old phrase comes to mind, "If it ain't broke..."
It'll be even funnier when the B52 is still in service in 40 years!

The B1 was intended to be a replacement for the B52, but I guess the threat model has changed hence no longer any real development in bombers and the like, fighters seem to still get changed out though.

Ritch

LE
The B1 was intended to be a replacement for the B52, but I guess the threat model has changed hence no longer any real development in bombers and the like, fighters seem to still get changed out though.

The B1 is my all time favourite. Such a sleek and gorgeous bomber. Sadly I don't think they'll be around for as long as the B52 will be.

I'll bite. Ego the size of a planet and fragile as a soap bubble?
But he gets the dripping quims frothing, which is always a joy to behold.