Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flightradar 24

Ritch

LE
Jesus, that’s all a bit serious.

You pressurise hydraulics from right through centre to left, he did it the wrong way. Fail.

I lost the will to live at that point.

He does take it quite seriously. I tend to skip to the point they start the takeoff roll. It's made him some serious money though, doing these.

Does anyone ever 'lose their rag' with air/ ground traffic control?
ATC does ground control. A sort of exception is America (only one I'm aware of, happy to be put right) where the stand controllers are individual to the terminal. Its all sweetness and light, even when the dozy f**King cargo goes round the wrong f**King taxiway, despite being told 6 times which way to go, and blocks everyone else requiring you to move other aircraft around to get the dozy country boy moving out of the f**king way and start clearing the blockage and get the airport moving again. A scenic taxy around the perimeter of the entire airport might assist cloth ears to listen more closely, failing that it eases the steam coming out of your ears. Tw*ts!!

So three dimensional chess for grownups, where everyone even speaks the same language....and the rules are so strict, transgression leads to the cessation of your career?

How hard can it be :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Loves that circuit doesn’t he... View attachment 506813
That looks like SERE training.
AIrcrew pairs on the ground with a PRC149 or whatever the latest gadget.
Plane simulates talking to Magic.

Last time I saw this I was walking my dog in Belton Woods nr Grantham.

Ritch

LE
Look on YouTube and there is plenty of videos of pilots and ATC having slanging matches over the radio.

Screenshot_20200924-154245_YouTube.jpg

Just had one of these fly over, headed to do a fly over at Warton - Aero L-39 Albatros - Wikipedia
Lord knows what it is doing around here. Still, nice to see something unusual.

aerol39.JPG

Old-Salt
Could they be calibrating some bit of kit?
That is their normal loiter mode. They orbit a point. I was going to suggest that they were monitoring or security checking some type of test exercise, non-firing and possibly undercover - but I see it has already been suggested that SERE may be in the frame.

They regularly can be seen doing this around the UK bases. Other similar assets do a similar manoeuvre. I think he was at 21,000 feet flying anticlockwise so you may find in this article useful information ;) if you know what I mean:

Cringe making.
Trouble is that it cuts both ways. Sometimes I hear ATC and think WTF, be professional. Sometimes I hear pilots and I think, meh, situation normal ;-)

A few evenings ago there was a K35 tanker flying racetracks over our house. What was interesting about that was that it was a US aircraft, launched from a UK base, flying tracks over Germany and re-fuelling Dutch F-16s. Just how NATO can you actually get?

Right now though, this is cool-ish. Three B-52s out for a morning jolly, one of them seemingly tagged after Curtis LeMay. It's going to be loud somewhere.

Is this perhaps the day that the B-52s overfly every NATO nation or has that already happened?

b52s.png

Ritch

LE
A few evenings ago there was a K35 tanker flying racetracks over our house. What was interesting about that was that it was a US aircraft, launched from a UK base, flying tracks over Germany and re-fuelling Dutch F-16s. Just how NATO can you actually get?

Right now though, this is cool-ish. Three B-52s out for a morning jolly, one of them seemingly tagged after Curtis LeMay. It's going to be loud somewhere.

Is this perhaps the day that the B-52s overfly every NATO nation or has that already happened?

View attachment 507105

I know lately the B52's have been poking the Russians by flying as close as possible to Crimea without actually invading.

View attachment 507105
Yesterday's sortie was tagged the same. Wish they'd fly further south.

I'm pretty sure we used to hear them in the middle of the night during GW2, a distant deep roar that seemed to go on forever.

Yesterday's sortie was tagged the same. Wish they'd fly further south.

I'm pretty sure we used to hear them in the middle of the night during GW2, a distant deep roar that seemed to go on forever.
For all those mini wars, from the Balkans onwards, B1, B2 and B52 flew out of Fairford.

For all those mini wars, from the Balkans onwards, B1, B2 and B52 flew out of Fairford.
During the Kosovo conflict in '99, I spent three weeks in S. Cerney on an exercise. We used to see and (Really) hear the B-1s and B-52s flying out of Fairford a few times per day, but never saw or heard a B-2.