Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flightradar 24

Most unusual especially as he was down at 800ft as he went over my place, scared the horses up at the college.

View attachment 494256
Speaking to an RAF bod I know about this and he tells me the aircraft originated from Iceland, he was destined for Leeds East Airport(where he landed) but got it all wrong. Leeds East Airport used to be RAF Church Fenton and is now privately owned.

Speaking to an RAF bod I know about this and he tells me the aircraft originated from Iceland, he was destined for Leeds East Airport(where he landed) but got it all wrong. Leeds East Airport used to be RAF Church Fenton and is now privately owned.

Portugese?

Ritch

LE
Not having a go.

Lisbon - Reykavik just seems a little....unusal.

I've sometimes found with private jets that the destination filed on FR24 isn't necessarily where it'll end up.

For example I've seen one flying from Anchorage, Alaska and listing South Korea as its destination but flies the opposite way and lands in Germany.

I've sometimes found with private jets that the destination filed on FR24 isn't necessarily where it'll end up.

For example I've seen one flying from Anchorage, Alaska and listing South Korea as its destination but flies the opposite way and lands in Germany.

Sorry. I'm just linking Iceland and Portugal. Thats not actual flight info.

Ritch

LE
Sorry. I'm just linking Iceland and Portugal. Thats not actual flight info.

Ah okay, apologies.

Time for me to try and get some kip if the RAF will stop lobbing Eurofighters my way! There's a couple still up not far off the coast as i can hear them. I think training with the Cobham Falcons that are up.

Because I'm sad ;) I rewound FR24 and the flight(according to the track)did start in Iceland.
1596583584281.png

Never ever seen this before, not over here, he was bloody low and gone before I could grab the camera, the rotary job just north of him is an autogyro out of a local private airfield he was at 1800 feet I bet he shit himself. The big lad climbed up to 6000 and buggered off SE.
1596734649981.png

Not on FR but in the flesh - a Westland Scout just clattered over my house, resplendent in its AAC livery...

I didn't know any were still flying!

Ritch

LE
No this is one of his cargo 747's for flying his racehorses around the world. No I'm not joking.

There's one that is used for his harem of wives when they come to London to shop at Harrods and other high end stores. I once read that a good shopping trip can result in them taking 50 tons of shopping back home.

It looked good - flying towards Hungerford at about 500'...

There's one that is used for his harem of wives when they come to London to shop at Harrods and other high end stores. I once read that a good shopping trip can result in them taking 50 tons of shopping back home.
He has a fleet of helicopters, often used to take him and his entourage to the many and various funerals for the large number of 'royals' in the Middle East. Don't think I ever seen just one flying, usually at least 6. If I remember correctly he has 3 in Scotland for taking them all to his 63,000 acre country retreat in Wester Ross. Not sure if they're his or just on retainer from a big company.

Latest Threads