Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flightradar 24

SecurityGeek

Old-Salt
WB-57 circling the landing spot

Attachments

• Dragon.PNG
    Dragon.PNG
    820.4 KB · Views: 55

Ritch

LE
Noticed on the Freedar facebook page that the site is going to close down.

Can't say I'll be sad to see it go. Plagued by difficulties and the bloke who runs it is an absolute cùnt.

Can't say I'll be sad to see it go. Plagued by difficulties and the bloke who runs it is an absolute cùnt.
Breaking news: The original reason given for the forthcoming closure was the site owners health, some of the "members" suggested a funding sort of thing which has started and is raising dosh. Guess what? he's got better and the site is destined to continue :rolleyes:

Ritch

LE
Breaking news: The original reason given for the forthcoming closure was the site owners health, some of the "members" suggested a funding sort of thing which has started and is raising dosh. Guess what? he's got better and the site is destined to continue :rolleyes:

That does not surprise me in the slightest. I contacted the guy on the Freedar Twitter page once reporting that the server was down and politely asking if he knew when it would be back up.

His reply was something along the lines of "if people donated more, there wouldn't be any issues". I left it at that but he sent me a further message asking if I had donated anything, then had a go at the "freeloaders" who don't send any data in.

tgo

War Hero
all the freedar tribe are cocks, I see so much hate directed at competing sites from them. They are on the very bottom end of the scale, if you really want to twist his panties, tel lhim he can't call it freedar anymore if you have to pay for it. Maybe Subsdar or dondar :D

So if Freedar goes, or goes behind a paywall, what alternatives are there? FR24 doesn't seem to show any military traffic for me.

Ritch

LE
So if Freedar goes, or goes behind a paywall, what alternatives are there? FR24 doesn't seem to show any military traffic for me.

FlightRadar will only occasionally show military traffic like the TARTAN refuelling callsigns and the odd Hawk tootling round Wales. They do filter a lot though.

Ritch

LE
Three US P8's and a EP-3 Orion all up off the cost of Lebanon. People on Twitter speculating they're looking for two Russian Kilo-class subs that have left dock in Syria.

20200803_211935.jpg

Ritch

LE
On the East Coast today. Driving down past Humberside Airport, I timed it right as an Atlas did a low pass at 200ft or so before climbing and doing a very hard bank to the left. Impressive to watch.

Then arriving down here, we've had a three ship of F15's and two Typhoon all heading out to sea.

Ritch

LE
Plus this has just flown directly over my head at 16000ft. RAF Voyager heading out to refuel the fast air.

Screenshot_20200804-204228_Flightradar24.jpg

Ritch

LE

It is. Just had a three-ship of Typhoon en-route back to Coningsby pass straight over at 2000ft and 400 knots.

This area of Lincolnshire gets a lot of military activity but I'm usually here just for the weekend and its dead. Very busy during the week though.

It is. Just had a three-ship of Typhoon en-route back to Coningsby pass straight over at 2000ft and 400 knots.

This area of Lincolnshire gets a lot of military activity but I'm usually here just for the weekend and its dead. Very busy during the week though.
Just enough to keep the locals awake.

Latest Threads