Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flightradar 24

BlipDriver

Swinger
Unless they’re both on Westerleys where Lakenheath points straight at Mildenhall plus at that proximity ATC would be deconflicting (Lakenheath run the approach frequency these days). Probably some reason relating to WW2 (Mildenhall was built in ‘34, Lakenheath in ‘40) giving crews more options if there’s a cheeky crosswind perhaps @.@
Did think about Westerly departures in my previous reply, & figured that if the Lakenheath departures climbed, they'd be above the Mildenhall departures at the same point. :-D

japseyewarrior

Old-Salt
Did think about Westerly departures in my previous reply, & figured that if the Lakenheath departures climbed, they'd be above the Mildenhall departures at the same point. :-D
It’s the circuit pattern at Mildenhall that could cause a conflict ;-)
Just had a look in the book (because I’m a melt) and circuit patterns may be restricted at a Mildenhall due to Lakenheath ops plus a few other restrictions whereas Lakenheath doesn’t have any so they must take primacy over Mildenhall.

BlipDriver

Swinger
It’s the circuit pattern at Mildenhall that could cause a conflict ;-)
Just had a look in the book (because I’m a melt) and circuit patterns may be restricted at a Mildenhall due to Lakenheath ops plus a few other restrictions whereas Lakenheath doesn’t have any so they must take primacy over Mildenhall.
That would explain it. Just a question, a melt?

Attachments

• 1596184610491.png
    1596184610491.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 14
As the wires are hooked and tightened as the aircraft flies forward they will leave score marks before they snap. It is not necessarily that they were turning. It is not like a paint marked item that colours where it touches!

The experts will know the significance of it on aircraft, I am merely an observer of ground level wire strikes!
That’s several levels of expertise beyond mine, hence the “?” in my post.

That would explain it. Just a question, a melt?

although “melt” doesn’t appear in here, this is quite a good place to explore the military parlance and also research some landmark personalities and events in Arrse lore.

Be warned, do not enter if you have anything that needs to get done in the next few days, it has a gravitational pull all of its own.....

FF41E121-17E9-44A3-9CF9-DCE617F27357.jpeg

Ritch

LE
although “melt” doesn’t appear in here, this is quite a good place to explore the military parlance and also research some landmark personalities and events in Arrse lore.

Be warned, do not enter if you have anything that needs to get done in the next few days, it has a gravitational pull all of its own.....

View attachment 493595

Aye, what Toastie said. However be careful because I've heard one of the moderator's on there is an absolute tw... oh wait!

BlipDriver

Swinger

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been through the ARRSEPedia several times over the years that I've been lurking. Just had another look at it, & realised that I must have been on the fringes of this hallowed site for over 15 years! :eek:, & this is the thread that got me to join.

Ritch

LE
The Antonov 225 just out from Prestwick and about to over fly Manchester.

Screenshot_20200802-171428_Flightradar24.jpg

Just flown over my gaff. Awesome. Finally got to see the bugger!

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
At the moment there are five P8's out of Jacksonville Florida heading west in a sort of convoy. Possibly to aid in the search for the missing SEAL boat?

View attachment 494046

Yeah like @CrashTestDummy says, they're running from the tropical storm thats heading their way. Fighters have left too as previously their hangars flooded and left them with damage.

Hurricane? Run! See 34:45 for extreme high wind damage.

Slime

LE
I’m currently watching the Crew Dragon re entry on youtube.
A re entry is exciting enough, but the mention of possible WB57 footage added a bit more :)

Latest Threads