Flightradar 24

Off to Cwm-Cewydd, near Machynlleth on Monday for a break...coming from Brum we don’t see much mil traffic aside from the odd Wokka and C-17.
Am I going to a spot where I’m likely to see any Mach Loop participants?
Cheers
If you’re on Facebook there’s a (largely) very helpful page there, Mach Loop.

It's all a part of A-CDM (Airport - Collaborative Decision Making). Previously ATC only had an EOBT (Estimatee Off Block Time) but there are so many processes involved in getting an aircraft ready that they were rarely accurate. Airline Ops had issues trying to update it because they didn't know where the perfume wagon was, the catering wagon, luggage, refueller, SLF etc. Now they can see where all these things are, the transponder is picked up by the SMR (Surface Movement Radar) and MLAT (Multi Lateration). This enables them to give more accurate times to ATC who will issue a TSAT ( Target Start Approval Time). The benefits are that you don't get 12 aircraft calling for start and push at the same time, it reduces queuing, it helps cut pollution as aircraft aren't sat at the gate engines turning and burning for so long.
CDM

:clown::toilet::pissedoff::frustrated::rolleyes::pc::sleepy::scratch::pukel::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The M bit works sometimes. Making £ that is.

No redundancies at our place! Phased return from furlough to 80% then 90% then 100% pay / rostered hours.

No demotions and I get to keep my job as a Trainer too.

I know it’s not FR related but many have sent messages of support for which I’m most grateful so I thought I’d share the good news! Couldn’t be happier.

No redundancies at our place! Phased return from furlough to 80% then 90% then 100% pay / rostered hours.

No demotions and I get to keep my job as a Trainer too.

I know it’s not FR related but many have sent messages of support for which I’m most grateful so I thought I’d share the good news! Couldn’t be happier.
Goood jaaaarb! As our American cousins would say.

Old-Salt
Finally saw a U2 in the air today on one of the watching sites at 60,000 feet above California - but on ADS-B.

Have seen the real thing at closer quarters at AKI, and been woken by the b***ers too!

Finally saw a U2 in the air today on one of the watching sites at 60,000 feet above California - but on ADS-B.

Have seen the real thing at closer quarters at AKI, and been woken by the b***ers too!
Saw one a while back over the UK. I think one of the others posted the screenshot on this thread too.

Saw a few of them in the flesh in Cyprus, taking off out of Akrotiri supporting ME Ops.

Marking time at the moment but drone being used for transporting medical supplies to the Isle of Wight (so no doubt full of newts eyes and locks virgins hair etc.)

Capture6.JPG

Marking time at the moment but drone being used for transporting medical supplies to the Isle of Wight (so no doubt full of newts eyes and locks virgins hair etc.)

View attachment 489574
Is this now? The 'trial' flight was 13th May, since then silence.

Yep. 12:30
Interesting, I thought they'd just given up because of the difficulties in gaining authorisation for BVLOS operations plus operating in the Solent CTA, plus the ferries are running. The thing isn't exactly a drone, it's like a small fixed wing aircraft that carries an 800Kg payload!

Ritch

LE
Saw one a while back over the UK. I think one of the others posted the screenshot on this thread too.

Saw a few of them in the flesh in Cyprus, taking off out of Akrotiri supporting ME Ops.
That'd be me. They often leave Mildenhall (in the near future, Lakenheath) to go have a fly over the Baltic or near the Crimea.

Ritch

LE
Flights to Doncaster Sheffield are diverting as a cargo 747 came off the runway during landing earlier on.

This could prove very interesting if ICAO tell the blockaders to cease and desist forthwith. Qatar also want to take the chunk of 'their' airspace back from Bahrain and run their own FIR. Maybe get straight into Hammad without all the little jinks to avoid Bahraini airspace since the blockade.

The State of Qatar welcomes today’s ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) that it has the right to challenge airspace restrictions imposed by Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt (blockading states) before the UN’s aviation body – the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

Since June 2017, the blockading states have prohibited Qatar-registered aircraft from flying to or from their airports and overflying their national airspaces, in flagrant violation of international law. In two judgements released today, the ICJ rejected all three grounds of appeal raised by the blockading states, finding that the ICAO has jurisdiction to hear Qatar’s claims. The ICAO Council will now resume its proceedings.

Ritch

LE
This could prove very interesting if ICAO tell the blockaders to cease and desist forthwith. Qatar also want to take the chunk of 'their' airspace back from Bahrain and run their own FIR. Maybe get straight into Hammad without all the little jinks to avoid Bahraini airspace since the blockade.

The State of Qatar welcomes today’s ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) that it has the right to challenge airspace restrictions imposed by Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt (blockading states) before the UN’s aviation body – the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

Since June 2017, the blockading states have prohibited Qatar-registered aircraft from flying to or from their airports and overflying their national airspaces, in flagrant violation of international law. In two judgements released today, the ICJ rejected all three grounds of appeal raised by the blockading states, finding that the ICAO has jurisdiction to hear Qatar’s claims. The ICAO Council will now resume its proceedings.

Qatar does seem to get crapped on a lot by the other Arab nations.

Ritch

LE
Because they're all richer than god.
That's perfectly true. I thought Qatar would throw their weight around a bit more but reading some of the stories, they act like meek little schoolgirls at times.

That's perfectly true. I thought Qatar would throw their weight around a bit more but reading some of the stories, they act like meek little schoolgirls at times.
Very spoiled and very spiteful little girls. Don't go for a ride in the Bintley habibi.

Ritch

LE
Its only four seconds long but this video clip put a smile on my face. The F14 was just gorgeous.

Latest Threads