Flightradar 24

2x Low wing, single engined (Merlins) monoplane fighters of the WW2 era formed up on a Sentinel R1 (?) over Canvey Island.
Difficult to see clearly as they were in the sun.

Nothing shown on either Flightradar24 or Open-ADS/B ?
Bugger! Missed that.

Some kind of “Stealth” too.
Yeah its stealthy not to broadcast your position (and a wealth of other data) to the whole world :-D

2x Low wing, single engined (Merlins) monoplane fighters of the WW2 era formed up on a Sentinel R1 (?) over Canvey Island.

9E0F48AF-F17B-4A9A-A581-002AFE97BDFA.jpeg

Returning from Switzerland apparently.

Old-Salt

Three aircraft of that description is the item shown above, but this item was also shown on BBC News, there can't have been that many merlin engined Spitfires flying yesterday?

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Saw my 1st ever, in the flesh, USAF Osprey at 1650, flying E to W from Malham to Burnley, well below cloud cover (otherwise I'd not have seen it). Must say Sir, they cant half shift, props in the 45° position.

Old-Salt
Not wanting to play trumps, but for your amusement I had my one and only sighting when flying into LHR and passing alongside Windsor Castle. Mr Obama was visiting Mrs Queen for lunch and arrived in the company heli/plane and parked it out the back in the rose garden. :)

Ritch

LE
Saw my 1st ever, in the flesh, USAF Osprey at 1650, flying E to W from Malham to Burnley, well below cloud cover (otherwise I'd not have seen it). Must say Sir, they cant half shift, props in the 45° position.
I was at the Mi Amigo flypast last year and they had an Osprey flying over, matching speed with an MC-130. It was moving at a fair whack and I was surprised.

Ritch

LE
Also, in the next few days a Spitfire and Hurricane will be up to honour Dame Vera Lynn.

Lighting and Voyager on the go for a refueling rendezvous I think.

Also a Typhoon up off the Lincolnshire coast with the very American callsign "Nightmare-2-1"
Screenshot_20200708-123253.jpg

Possibly carrying the coffin of Fusilier Sam Brownridge who died in Estonia.

RIP if so.
Just had a look. My post was Thursday 2nd, the announcement states that Fusilier Sam Brownridge lost his life on Sunday 5th, otherwise a good guess. Especially as the aircraft was on the ground for barely 2 hours before heading directly home again.

Just had a look. My post was Thursday 2nd, the announcement states that Fusilier Sam Brownridge lost his life on Sunday 5th, otherwise a good guess. Especially as the aircraft was on the ground for barely 2 hours before heading directly home again.
There was a C130j one the way today.

Ah. Good point. My error.

I didn't check the dates and just made the casual link between a small transport aircraft from the Baltic military and the unfortunate death.

Must do better.

Latest Threads