Flightradar 24

In my opinion, I like the new paint scheme. I did feel the drab grey made our VIP transport look like a cast off.
I agree. An overtly military scheme was unsuitable - which is why the old scheme was devised originally. This is way too gaudy. As bad as AA's bonk scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the same design consultancy.

Ritch

LE
I agree. An overtly military scheme was unsuitable - which is why the old scheme was devised originally. This is way too gaudy. As bad as AA's bonk scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the same design consultancy.
At least i don't think it'll look as bad as Trump's renderings of the 747-8i Air Force One. That looks ridiculously OTT.

I like plain white on aircraft. Maybe a gleaming white with "United Kingdom" in blue.

Ritch

LE
I see BoJos aircraft is out and about Today.

He just landed at Brize

I thought BJ travelled on a BAe146? Don't think he'd be travelling on a Herc.

Slime

LE
Looking at the new VIP jet livery I think it’s quite nice.

I do really like the flash as shown on the old VC10 in a previous post, but also like the new style of blue stripe/line.

I think the new stripe is following the ‘design’ principle of making objects appear like they are moving at high speed even when stationary.

The 146 CC1 looked quite tidy in a simplified variation of the classic scheme, as did the Tristar.

British_Aerospace_BAe-146_CC1_(BAe-146-100),_UK_-_Air_Force_AN0987035.jpg

It's a pity there's not been a similar announcement in the other London.
It's probably got nothing to do with the Liberian war lord (one of Charles Taylor's ex-generals) who just got knocked off in east London (this one) by former associates who are still on the run, but I'll bet the timing has got the conspiracy theory rumour mill spinning in overdrive.

Nah, Scout pilots are nails, he’ll probably be smoking and have the window open.
Scout pilots became Lynx drivers, and they're all fat and slow.

Equally, the aircraft is up at 40k so that is just a touch high for a normal descent into a UK destination
These pitch up in Bangkok-Don Muang from time to time. Point of departure in Saudi is usually OERY/Riyadh military airport.

Its like the time I caught one of those sneaky beaky SVTOL Cessna 172's. It was around 60,000ft doing 3 knots.

The other day there was a Typhoon flying 300 feet below Lincolnshire too.
Easyjets often dig a 275' deep trench in the runway at SEN.

Ritch

LE
BA's new 787-10 about to touch down at London on its delivery flight from Charleston.

Screenshot_20200628-113543_Flightradar24.jpg

Latest Threads