Flightradar 24

Ritch

LE
That T-33 is a beaut! I did some ABFAC at BATUS for them in '95, but that's another story.
How were they performance wise? I'm guessing chasing a 777-9 is a bit tame. :D

How were they performance wise? I'm guessing chasing a 777-9 is a bit tame. :D
Let's put it this way, they said they'd use the T-33 first before letting the F-18s loose on us :eek:

The Auster at MW was quick enough for me...
You did FAC with an Auster? That must have been a doddle! I had enough trouble trying to spot a tiny little dot somewhere on the horizon that didn't seem to get much bigger the closer it got, until just before it shot past. It might have been considerably slower than an F-18, but it didn't seem to make much difference.

You did FAC with an Auster? That must have been a doddle! I had enough trouble trying to spot a tiny little dot somewhere on the horizon that didn't seem to get much bigger the closer it got, until just before it shot past. It might have been considerably slower than an F-18, but it didn't seem to make much difference.
I dunno, you youngsters! We did basic FAC on the flying course using an old Auster flown by a former AOP pilot who also just happened to be the ground school NAV and MET instructor. I was due to do the proper course in ‘80 but a fast-ball spell in NI became available and I jumped at it.

R0B

War Hero
FinderScreenSnapz042.png

Went right over the house a couple of times. Got the image below from the garden on the last pass (600mm lens no cropping).

DSC_0134-small.jpg

Ritch

LE
Either it was a tad windy or the Pilot Flying is an epileptic.

Had @Toastie round mine today doing some painting & decorating, whilst (hopefully temporarily) indisposed.
He made an excellent job of the landing!

Boom...tish.... :)

Slime

LE
Not an app sighting, but worth posting for general interest is this video.

The whole video is good, but from the 13:30 point it shows jettisonable extra wheels for aircraft, something I’d not seen before.

Ritch

LE
Not an app sighting, but worth posting for general interest is this video.

The whole video is good, but from the 13:30 point it shows jettisonable extra wheels for aircraft, something I’d not seen before.

I don't know what others think but I'm happy with anything interesting and aviation related to be posted here. Maybe @jarrod248 could change the title - or not. Depends what others think.

Had @Toastie round mine today doing some painting & decorating, whilst (hopefully temporarily) indisposed.
He made an excellent job of the landing!

Boom...tish.... :)
I’ll do your skirting later.

I‘m a bit busy, what with being an indentured servant to another poster on another thread :roll:

I believe you have read some of it. Here was me thinking it’s the 21st century.

I don't know what others think but I'm happy with anything interesting and aviation related to be posted here. Maybe @jarrod248 could change the title - or not. Depends what others think.
I was thinking the same. I posted something about civi aviation in the Aviation thread and (rightly) was politely informed it was for AAC stuff.

Not sure it needs any change though, all sorts seem to get posted here, those that have an interest know it’s here and contribute and nobody seems to be that fussed?

Fine with me, makes it easier to find posts if they are all together and as long as they are aviation related then all good eh?

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
This flew over yesterday, though I never saw it, but boy did I hear it. An unusual prop sound, very noisy and lasted a lot longer than I'd have expected.

Screenshot_20200608-155352_Flightradar24.jpg