Flightradar 24

When scanning the map the eye is often drawn to planes with "personalised plates" e.g. M-ETAL below.
Do the rules from road vehicles (= driver probably a knob-head) apply in the air as well?
View attachment 477781
Best one is an Irish farming company EIEIO.

Do the rules from road vehicles (= driver probably a knob-head) apply in the air as well?
Well they cost a premium over in-sequence regs, so...

The only UK reg to be intentionally re-used on a second airframe was made possible because Mr Bamford knew some folk in the right places. So there is an element of snobbery.

This is one domain in which US registrations are actually less customisable than rest-of-World.

Don’t forget Wednesday afternoons.
Yeah, I seem to remember having one of those back before I became an instructor ;)

Aerial survey of some sort?
Probably the aerial photography company that's been seen around. They use the photographs for a variety of things, including Ordnance Survey, Flight Sim add-ons, agriculture, water board, etc, etc.

Niamac

GCM
Don’t forget Wednesday afternoons.
The troop was having it's "Sports Afternoon" in the Freibad; i.e loafing about in the sun when the Czech crisis broke and we were crashed out. Most inconsiderate and bad form by the Warsaw pact forces; I would have thought that most decent Armies would have waited 'til the next working day.

Probably the aerial photography company that's been seen around. They use the photographs for a variety of things, including Ordnance Survey, Flight Sim add-ons, agriculture, water board, etc, etc.
Loads of them going on all the time, you just notice them now in the absence of more 'interesting' traffic.

"The otherwise quiet skies have made it easier to see Non Standard Flights – with survey flights for everything from pipelines to pylons,and general ordnance survey mapping flights which are always there, just not so noticeable. "

I was standing in my back garden a quarter of an hour ago and we were overflown by an RAF Voyager in tanker configuration. It was low, so presumably heading back to BZN.

Latest Threads