Flightradar 24

Imago

Old-Salt
At least one Typhoon (first one had gone by the time I got outside) has just flown right over my head (in Dundee). Heard them yesterday as well but cloud cover so no visual ID. None of them visible on FR24, ADS-B or Freedar.
Maybe they're practising how to get from Lossie to Leuchars when the squadron moves for runway repair reasons later this year?

Ritch

LE
Just a tad close.

Signing off for a while. Waiting for emergency surgery to remove an abscess in my mouth under the gum. I'm currently dribbling like a maniac.

Just a tad close.

Signing off for a while. Waiting for emergency surgery to remove an abscess in my mouth under the gum. I'm currently dribbling like a maniac.
Hope it goes well, make sure you're wrapped up like a condom while you're in there!

Oops

Old-Salt
I have to admit some 40+ a few years ago when I was young, I never dreamt that I could point a device at a plane in the sky and see what it was, where it was going, how fast etc.

I don't especially like the FR24 stuff when at home as I can access better things, but out and about with just my phone, the AR bit on the phone app is pretty freaking incredible.
It's bloody scary, if you think too hard....
Remember Tomorrow's World being a science fiction programme...
Lasers, fibre optics and those massive machines in university buildings called 'computers' ...
Only this weekend I had to explain to my daughters there was a time before mobile phones, even the 21 yr old couldn't comprehend it !

Re. The autonomous driving bit,@grimbo is yer man,but even Hillbilly me has the kit on my muddy stallion to chug along anywhere on the planet (SMS signal) with 40mm accuracy, you can run multiple in the same field with only one driver.. elf n safely are still a bit too excitable.
There again, when you're dealing with our Celtic cousins...
Ps.
Good luck @Ritch, don't go slavering on anyone you don't have to!

I don't know how common this is or not but I was trying to see what the contrail was over my home and chanced upon this as I'd not seen a delta icon before.
Draken.png

Ritch

LE
Cheers lads. All done but feel like I have a tangerine shoved in me mouth. Hurts like a motherf*cker but I have more groovy drugs to add to my collection.

Bed for me though.

[Oops said

Re. The autonomous driving bit,@grimbo is yer man,but even Hillbilly me has the kit on my muddy stallion to chug along anywhere on the planet (SMS signal) with 40mm accuracy, you can run multiple in the same field with only one driver.. elf n safely are still a bit too excitable.
There again, when you're dealing with our Celtic cousins...

The interface between guided tractor/machine and items of scenery is pretty common .....many of the guys are doing office work or watching videos / You Tube on the WiFi in the cab while cultivating etc .
We can work down to sub 20mm year on year with no problem and as Oops states can run autonomous and have been able to for several years and also have machines "talking" to each other and working together .

All the kit the driverless cars have and more but as well as safety the other issue is for example... if your drill coulter blocks the machine is well capable of recognising this and stopping but someone still has to go and unblock it/move the rock/root or dead hiker that has strayed from the footpath .....

We have the tech but like driverless cars is it really wanted or needed ?

Quick question for Oops ...... Do you use all the HTS features, programmable gear features and other tech already on your stallion ? ;-)

Slime

LE
Just a tad close.

Stop looking at fast jets............That might be the cause of the dribbling :)

Best of luck :)

Ritch

LE
Anyone know what these two are?
Both flights started from Ben Gurion in Israel.
View attachment 475340
N208GA and N209GA are both Gulfstream business jets. Just by looking on Google, 208 is owned out of Georgia, USA and 209 is apparently owned by the "bank of Utah".

Edit: Both seem to be working for IAI - Israeli Aerospace Industries.

Right, that's enough Google diving from me, I'm feeling dirty like a spotter.