Flightradar 24

Ritch

LE
One of the Canadian Snowbirds demonstration team ejected today shortly after takeoff. The ejection was caught on video. The status on the pilot is unknown but apparently landed hard on the roof of a garage.

20200517_220502.jpg

Oh dear. That doesn’t look good. He seemed to leave it late.
Very late, no time for chutes to deploy. 1 dead 1 very seriously injured :-(

U2 filmed from T38

R0B

War Hero
ZK329 Seems to think he's TARTAN28. TARTAN28 and 29 are up elsewhere.

ETA: This might be an issue with ADSBexchange's data as other sites now showing it as TYRANT21.

SkypeScreenSnapz003.png

Last edited:
Driverless/autonomous cars are a whole 'nother kettle of fish. Despite the hype they're a very long way from being a thing and quite a few of the start up companies have already jacked it in as being too difficult from a safety perspective. There is the odd, very small, trial going on in a couple of places but everywhere else the vehicles have a 'safety driver' and often an engineer in them as well.
Petrol head friend of mine has been talking about how social elements will make driverless cars inoperable.

Those “social elements” are the mongs we have in society who like to behave like the ********** they are.

Few beers and seeing a driverless car they will walk out into its path for 2 reasons.

1. Just to FXXk around the passengers and

2. If the backups fail it’s a quick trip to A and E and a huge claim .

Overflown by a Hawker Hunter in Tidders yesterday - Boscombe Down still operate them?

Just did a wiki search the T38 so how much reliance you attach to the info is questionable.
Says Germany operate them out of Texas in US livery?
Seems odd?
This was filmed at Beale AFB airshow in 2018. U2 pilots fly them to maintain currency since they don't get enough actual U2 time.

ZW Clanger

Clanker
As do NASA pilots/astronauts. I believe the Germans use them for advanced jet training, they used to train all their F-4 crews in the USA, Holloman AFB IIRC.

ETA: Tornados German Air Force

ETA2: https://www.ila-berlin.de/sites/def... 04_The LW's Flight Training_GM Katz.pdf
Yeah cheers but:

German Air Force - 46 T-38A in 1968, now upgraded to T-38C. All aircraft are stationed at Sheppard AFB, Texas and are painted in US markings

Why the US markings??? Hardly that they are still classes as the ‘Hun in the sun’.

Yeah cheers but:

German Air Force - 46 T-38A in 1968, now upgraded to T-38C. All aircraft are stationed at Sheppard AFB, Texas and are painted in US markings

Why the US markings??? Hardly that they are still classes as the ‘Hun in the sun’.
IDK. I wonder if all the other nations who train their crews at USAF units do the same. Must take a look at the Singaporeans, etc.

ETA: It looks like the RSAF F-15Es carry USAF markings at Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho

ZW Clanger

Clanker
IDK. I wonder if all the other nations who train their crews at USAF units do the same. Must take a look at the Singaporeans, etc.

ETA: It looks like the RSAF F-15Es carry USAF markings at Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho
Seems very odd...foreign government buys aircraft but can’t paint their own markings on it?

Yet RAF, Luftwaffe etc retain their rightful livery in Red Flag...

Seems very odd...foreign government buys aircraft but can’t paint their own markings on it?
They are admistratively on the inventory of USAF units e.g. 56th FW so wear USAF insignia. Makes life easier bimbling around in Spamland without filing all sorts of paperwork. Imagine if some Yank Cessna got airproxed by a Saudi F-15, it'd be a right pain in terms of jurisdiction.

When NATO rolls up for Red Flag they transit international airspace on ICAO callsigns until they're in the range airspace and then they can go tactical and nobody cares.

Last edited:

tgo

Old-Salt
I have to admit some 40+ a few years ago when I was young, I never dreamt that I could point a device at a plane in the sky and see what it was, where it was going, how fast etc.

I don't especially like the FR24 stuff when at home as I can access better things, but out and about with just my phone, the AR bit on the phone app is pretty freaking incredible.

Ritch

LE
Reports of a U2 with a lot of engine trouble yesterday whilst flying out from Fairford. A Coastguard helicopter was called upon to shadow it back to base in case it fell out of the sky.

Latest Threads