Flightradar 24

At least the planners' objectives, within NATO, Brussels and the Pentagon were met . . . shipped, flying, deploying, thousands of tons of vehicles and equipment, and personnel, to reinforce and confirm their committment to Europe ;) !!

That no-one got to "play soldiers" once they arrived, did NOT consume £m/$m of fuel and rations, avoided deaths, road accidents, and compensation to land-owners - will probably be regarded as a bonus!!

Ritch

LE
At least the planners' objectives, within NATO, Brussels and the Pentagon were met . . . shipped, flying, deploying, thousands of tons of vehicles and equipment, and personnel, to reinforce and confirm their committment to Europe ;) !!

That no-one got to "play soldiers" once they arrived, did NOT consume £m/$m of fuel and rations, avoided deaths, road accidents, and compensation to land-owners - will probably be regarded as a bonus!!
Indeed! I was feeling bad for the loadies. Getting it all loaded up, arrive, get it all off and then find out it's all going straight back! Bet there was a few choice words flying around. :D

Indeed! I was feeling bad for the loadies. Getting it all loaded up, arrive, get it all off and then find out it's all going straight back! Bet there was a few choice words flying around. :D
I wouldn't be so sure !! ;) .

All the (deployment, and) recovery planning that took years to agree, organise and publish, having to be brought forward by two weeks, after only hours of emergency "hot-planning" . . . is the kind of stuff that will be talked about for years! Stories will be told to grandchildren. Lamps will be swung in bars, and drinks bought for the veterans involved.

Never was so much owed . . . by so many . . . to so few Movements trained personnel.

I know. I was one !! ;) .

Last edited:

Ritch

LE

All the (deployment, and) recovery planning that took years to agree, organise and published, having to be brought forward by two weeks, after only hours of emergency "hot-planning" . . . is the kind of stuff that will be talked about for years! Stories will be told to grandchildren. Lamps will be swung in bars, and drinks bought for the veterans involved.

Never was so much owed . . . by so many . . . to so few Movements trained personnel.

Next there will be a challenge coin made specifically for this!

All the (deployment, and) recovery planning that took years to agree, organise and published, having to be brought forward by two weeks, after only hours of emergency "hot-planning" . . . is the kind of stuff that will be talked about for years! Stories will be told to grandchildren. Lamps will be swung in bars, and drinks bought for the veterans involved.

arfah

LE
Crab air have been on sorties around the country.

Delivering relief supplies to the nhs, I guess?

Ritch

LE

There was a Chinook bimbling round the capital earlier on. Found out from the news it was flying supplies and people to the new Nightingale hospital.

And delivering patients to hospitals best equipped to deal with them. As are the FAA and AAC.

There was a Chinook bimbling round the capital earlier on. Found out from the news it was flying supplies and people to the new Nightingale hospital.
Phwoarrr . . . "A Chinook full of nurses" . . . the kind of thing "dreams" are made of ;) !!

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
Phwoarrr . . . "A Chinook full of nurses" . . . the kind of thing "dreams" are made of ;) !!
Thanks to you, I've got visions of a hairy arsed MERT on board. I feel queasy.

Ritch

LE
A pair of Wokkas flew loud and low enough over my house about 20:50 this evening to rattle the doorhandles and windows!
That just isn't cricket.

I'd write a strongly worded letter.

Imago

Old-Salt
Crab air have been on sorties around the country. Delivering relief supplies to the nhs, I guess?
Not reading whole thread to find out if this has been covered, but twice in the last week or so an A400 has gone from Brize to Sumburgh to convey seriously ill Covid-19 patients down to Aberdeen. There isn't enough space for all the extra necessary support equipment to fit in the normal air ambulance.

sunny james

War Hero

All the (deployment, and) recovery planning that took years to agree, organise and publish, having to be brought forward by two weeks, after only hours of emergency "hot-planning" . . . is the kind of stuff that will be talked about for years! Stories will be told to grandchildren. Lamps will be swung in bars, and drinks bought for the veterans involved.

Can I just say that I was the second man on the ramp.

Woke my little girl up bless her, she thought World War 3 was starting!
The military are preparing for the inevitable Zombie apocalypse post Covid19.