Flightradar 24

Under LGW/LHR approach & not seen much today.

Local aerodrome now closed & bollards put on the grass strip, av gas not being sold either.

In fact nothing seems will be flying after Friday, what Dr Beaching did for the railways CV19 will do for the UK's airlines. Expect by September only a few operating, very sad times in deed.
I live under the flightpath for Northolt, so we get theirs and LHR.
It hasn't been this quiet since the volcano.

Under LGW/LHR approach & not seen much today.

Local aerodrome now closed & bollards put on the grass strip, av gas not being sold either.

In fact nothing seems will be flying after Friday, what Dr Beaching did for the railways CV19 will do for the UK's airlines. Expect by September only a few operating, very sad times in deed.
you must have a sizeable pad, under the approach of both LHR and LGW.

TUI short haul repatriation programme all but done, Long Haul until @30th.

Significant ramp up in cargo, the effects of which remain to be seen. I quite fancy a HKG night stop before flying back 30 tonnes of rubber dog shit to supplement the genuine article spread liberally around Crewe.

FR with TUI filter

FF5FECA4-6C87-475C-9FCE-C4D1CA177393.png

@Toastie Have you gone solo on the fork-lift yet. LPC go OK?
No mate, I’m being given the run around. Got to go in in person now which kinda defeats the object.

Anyone know what took off from RAF Waddington lunch time?

Those were the days. Cancun 3 years ago today. About number 15 in the queue for take off.

9DD2FE0C-5AB2-42D1-84AB-1296F577BC82.jpeg

Ritch

LE
Those were the days. Cancun 3 years ago today. About number 15 in the queue for take off.

View attachment 459968
I was in a similar queue at Heathrow last year. The pilot kept us informed by coming on each time. "13...12...11...Runway Inspection...10..." He sounded bored as hell which gave me and the woman sat next to me a chuckle.

Waddo is busy today, has been all week. Typhoons are there today

Ritch

LE
There has been a fair bit of activity over Germany the last few days. Today, a lot of their Tornado are up and seem to be interacting with a US Skyhawk. This company often provides aircraft for the USAF to practice against in dogfights etc. Seems to be Germany's turn today.

Screenshot_20200326-145514.jpg

Ritch

LE
unfortunately it's cloudy with light rain, couldn't see them or the visitor from Iraq. Any chance of a link to the post?
No idea why but he's deleted the post, however the guys name is Avi Scharf. He regularly posts stuff on aviation passing over Israel and the region.

Edit: he's posted something new but it's in Hebrew.

Was bored so started train spotting again.

An RAF voyger and a septic KC35 both serving fuel in the same area which seemed interesting. We have had a Sentry on station for a while over the north sea, it's on a NATO operation but it's getting late and has just landed.

Can the Sentry do air to air refueling?

Meanwhile there are a pair of AAC Apaches (Viper 1 and Viper 2) milling around and an V22 Osprey moving around the training area. I saw lone Typhoon near the tankers earlier too.
Screenshot from 2020-03-26 21-33-30.png
Screenshot from 2020-03-26 21-33-39.png
Screenshot from 2020-03-26 21-33-46.png

Ritch

LE
Yep. E-3D is capable of both boom and probe and drogue refuelling so could feasibly take gas from Voyager or the KC-135.

However, dependant on some factors at take off, it can go 10/11 hours without tanking.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
The E3 in question was already on station when I had a quick look at 10am and didn't depart until sometime after 7pm so it spent a good while traversing the area.

The E3 in question was already on station when I had a quick look at 10am and didn't depart until sometime after 7pm so it spent a good while traversing the area.
As i posted thast last night, it was in it's final approach for landing. It did a couple of left hand orbit's and then touched down but then took off again straight away and went back on station over the north sea.

Other than training, i dont understand why they did that unless maybe they were doing a crew change over?

Latest Threads