Flightradar 24

Ritch

LE
This channel reckons they've caught planes from the CIA landing at Munich along with other US Government airplanes.

This channel reckons they've caught planes from the CIA landing at Munich along with other US Government airplanes.

I watched all of that, perhaps I am a spotter. It was particularly impressive that the Kuwaiti government has an A-340 as their state aircraft. I would love to have a look inside the cabin of that bad boy.

Ritch

LE
I watched all of that, perhaps I am a spotter. It was particularly impressive that the Kuwaiti government has an A-340 as their state aircraft. I would love to have a look inside the cabin of that bad boy.
I didn't watch all of it. I kept skipping ten to twenty second, I just wanted to see who owned what.

Some of the Middle Eastern governments have some seriously nice "private" jets. The Qatar 747-8i looks like a palace inside.

Guys I need a little help here please

My Virtual Radar splat just shows one big dark gray splat covering the whole maximum range but I want it to it shows different altitudes work different colours.

Below is how it's set now but doesnt seem to give me what I thought it would so any ideas how it needs to be set please?

tgo

Old-Salt
Yours seems set up differently to mine.

I'm running VRS on Windows, my feeder is on a raspberry Pi elsewhere on the network.

My VRS version ( 2.4.4.3659 ) has:

Menu > Receiver range > lots of heights to check.

Are you using the latest one?

Attachments

I'm running VRS on Windows, my feeder is on a raspberry Pi elsewhere on the network.

I had all altitudes ticked but when I changed it to selecting them I individually I am now getting a multi coloured plot :)

Going to adjust the colours a bit and will repost.

Many thanks!!

Would you mind screenshotting what U have on the following tab please?

Options...Map...

tgo

Old-Salt
Here's another version of the splat, this time taken from Plane Finder that I also feed to. It's pretty cool in 3d you can tilt & rotate and it gives a good feel for the coverage from any angle and height.

Attachments

Here's another version of the splat, this time taken from Plane Finder that I also feed to. It's pretty cool in 3d you can tilt & rotate and it gives a good feel for the coverage from any angle and height.
Wow I like that!

I need to look into getting my Rpi to feed to planefinder

tgo

Old-Salt
It's not hard, unless your source 1090 is FR24 which is crippled to stop people feeding into other sites. I use FlightAware piaware as my source and feed into 4 sites now (Flightaware, FR24, 360Radar & PlaneFinder)

The planefinder stats are good as are FlightAwares.

It's not hard, unless your source 1090 is FR24 which is crippled to stop people feeding into other sites. I use FlightAware piaware as my source and feed into 4 sites now (Flightaware, FR24, 360Radar & PlaneFinder)

I started off trying to feed FR24, but couldn't get the set-up to work. Planefinder was an absolute doddle with their app, plus the guys there are really helpful if you run into trouble. I haven't bothered with the others since.

I started off trying to feed FR24, but couldn't get the set-up to work. Planefinder was an absolute doddle with their app, plus the guys there are really helpful if you run into trouble. I haven't bothered with the others since.
I'm feeling FR24 and followed directions to get my Rpi to feed Planefinder but it's all setup and not getting any feed from me for some reason :-(

That could be my problem....

That could be my problem....
If you have any problems feeding Planefinder, join the forum (look in the Flight Tracking thread), contact the Administrators Lee Armstrong or Mark Daniels if necessary, they (mostly Mark) have given me some great help in the past. Sometimes, it can take a day or so to get a reply.

I saw something with 4 contrails this morning, which is getting to be a rare event, so I took a look in my phone. It turned out to be an A380 on the way to Abu Dhabi. It was just passing over Karlsruhe ( about 15 miles north of my location) at 40,000 ft, and I could still see the fuselage and wings, the damned thing must be massive.

tgo

Old-Salt
I'm feeling FR24 and followed directions to get my Rpi to feed Planefinder but it's all setup and not getting any feed from me for some reason :-(
Check your config port, there's an error in the instructions (as I found out yesterday) should look like this: Obviously your lat/long will be your own.

Attachments

Ritch

LE
I saw something with 4 contrails this morning, which is getting to be a rare event, so I took a look in my phone. It turned out to be an A380 on the way to Abu Dhabi. It was just passing over Karlsruhe ( about 15 miles north of my location) at 40,000 ft, and I could still see the fuselage and wings, the damned thing must be massive.
I sometimes get the daily A380 - heading out of Manchester to Dubai - overhead, still climbing, usually about 10,000 to 15,000ft and on a clear day, you get a great view of it.

Latest Threads