Flightradar 24

Searching.
Beat me to it!

I was once doing a check ride with the SFI BAOR and be passed me a slip of paper with a grid ref on it and said he wanted me to carry out a creeping line ahead search using that grid as the start point. When I got to the grid it was the corner of a huge corn field in the Detmold LFA.

As I started the pattern he was leaning forward in his seat looking directly down. I asked him what he was doing and he said “Me and a few mates are coming shooting tonight and I’m looking for deer”

Looks like a search pattern known as a “creeping line ahead” to me. Can be programmed in to most modern navigation systems.
It might be. I assumed that because it is a Danish aircraft owned by a company that undertakes contracts for aerial surveys, that it was probably a survey. It could, of course, be an incorrect assumption. I'm reasonably sure that a survey pattern would look similar to a search pattern.

ETA:
This is the aircraft

Drawing1.jpg

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
Looks like a search pattern known as a “creeping line ahead” to me. Can be programmed in to most modern navigation systems.
Some aircraft are contracted by the Coastguard to perform searches, aren't they?

Ritch

LE
Dunno. Sounds like a good idea though.
I think someone mentioned it on here about how one company based at Doncaster Sheffield does searches and you can tell depending on their callsign for the flight. I'll have a look.

It might be. I assumed that because it is a Danish aircraft owned by a company that undertakes contracts for aerial surveys, that it was probably a survey. It could, of course, be an incorrect assumption. I'm reasonably sure that a survey pattern would look similar to a search pattern.
See if you hadn’t kept that to yourself you’d have saved us all a shitload of pixels
:)

Ritch

LE
The first flight of the Boeing 777-9 is due to take off for a test in roughly twenty minutes. You'll be able to see it if you search for BOE001

The first flight of the Boeing 777-9 is due to take off for a test in roughly twenty minutes. You'll be able to see it if you search for BOE001
Just lining up for take off now.

Latest Threads