Flightradar 24

Last edited:
Glad I didn't have to complete the "FMT3" ;) !1
I knew a bloke in 21 Sigs Wildenrath who maneuvered a 4-Tonner into a Gazelle rotor. It wasn't turning at the time, but the logbook had been signed by the pilot, so it was classed as an air-accident, rather than ground (Something like that). The furore went on for yonks, but eventually it was found that he should have been guided so it was only partly his fault. I don't think he got fined or anything, but he did have a new drinking story.

I knew a bloke in 21 Sigs Wildenrath who maneuvered a 4-Tonner into a Gazelle rotor. It wasn't turning at the time, but the logbook had been signed by the pilot, so it was classed as an air-accident, rather than ground (Something like that). The furore went on for yonks, but eventually it was found that he should have been guided so it was only partly his fault. I don't think he got fined or anything, but he did have a new drinking story.
Mong Woofers in Omagh drove a 4 tonner into a Lynx rotors, wrote off three blades and took the duty QRF cab (for their TAOR) offline. They really were a speshul kind of stupid, that Bn. This was only a couple of years after the 'We Flog Rockets' incident.

Ritch

LE
Mong Woofers in Omagh drove a 4 tonner into a Lynx rotors, wrote off three blades and took the duty QRF cab (for their TAOR) offline. They really were a speshul kind of stupid, that Bn. This was only a couple of years after the 'We Flog Rockets' incident.
It was only the other day that a South African Airways pilot half tore a wing off an A340 by "forgetting" to leave enough room and smacked in into a building or container whilst taxiing.

Oh it's easily done.

Crikey!! What had hit the tanker’s engine?
I was thinking that! That’s got to be out of limits? Wartime exemption?

It was only the other day that a South African Airways pilot half tore a wing off an A340 by "forgetting" to leave enough room and smacked in into a building or container whilst taxiing.

Oh it's easily done.
If you’re gonna do it, do it properly:

Ritch

LE
If you’re gonna do it, do it properly:

Seems to happen a lot in SA. Couldn't come at a worse time for SAA as they've sold off half of their A340 fleet just before.

Tartan49 (ZZ331) tanker and Sparta323 ( ZK323) Eurofighter playing off the coast of peterhead and moray firth, aaww looks like it home time

Ritch

LE
Tartan49 (ZZ331) tanker and Sparta323 ( ZK323) Eurofighter playing off the coast of peterhead and moray firth, aaww looks like it home time
Yep. Three and a half hours of loitering out in the North Sea and then up off the coast of Scotland.

Screenshot_20200123-201853.jpg

R0B

Old-Salt
Seems short for a U2 flight!

Else where, another TARTAN callsign is plying it's trade off Norfolk with a Typhoon.

The Tartan/Madras flights seem to have changed in December. Previously they were Tartan or Madras depending on 10 or 101 squadron then a number for the day of week with 1 being Monday then 1 for the first flight, 2 for the second etc...

Now they seem to start at 9 and work backwards so Tartan59 is the first flight on a Friday.

Ritch

LE
The Tartan/Madras flights seem to have changed in December. Previously they were Tartan or Madras depending on 10 or 101 squadron then a number for the day of week with 1 being Monday then 1 for the first flight, 2 for the second etc...

Now they seem to start at 9 and work backwards so Tartan59 is the first flight on a Friday.
Cheers for that. I wasn't aware of the numbering.

Queen Elizabeth just leaving Pompie now for flight trials in the North Sea next week, so you guys may see some interesting F35 targets out there.

Ritch

LE
Looks like a quick airtest following some remedial work - maybe on the life support system given that he’s nearly twelve miles up! Using the Wallasey VOR as a reference point for navigation.

OR

very sophisticated surveillance of a weed factory in Liverpool...
I did notice his descent was very fast. I'm not sure if that's normal for U2's but in the space of 4-5 minutes he went from 48,000ft to 23,000ft.

Latest Threads