Flightradar 24

Anyone else enjoy watching what's overhead?
Like a twitcher I saw the last Vulcan flight.
Today I saw this fly over, had never heard of it.
Boeing Dreamlifter - Wikipedia
Yes (I had a guy who is somehow involved with it refer it to me), and on a similar vein I sometimes also look at 'SF Free' with almost the equivalent shipping.

I once made the mistake when taking a lady away for a romantic mystery seaside weekend, I showed her Flight Radar & SF whilst on the way as she wondered where all the planes were going driving. At the slightest whiff of anything flying or floating past she was whipping out my phone to identify them.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Yes (I had a guy who is somehow involved with it refer it to me), and on a similar vein I sometimes also look at 'SF Free' with almost the equivalent shipping.

I once made the mistake when taking a lady away for a romantic mystery seaside weekend, I showed her Flight Radar & SF whilst on the way as she wondered where all the planes were going driving. At the slightest whiff of anything flying or floating past she was whipping out my phone to identify them.
Fascinates me, surprises me what strange stuff is up there. The Airbus Beluga thing is interesting to watch as is the number of A380's above us.

Fascinates me, surprises me what strange stuff is up there. The Airbus Beluga thing is interesting to watch as is the number of A380's above us.
Yes, I'm not much of a plane buff, and most of the time anything spotted is pretty mundane, but without remembering what in particular, I have seen some interesting funnies.

The first time I saw one of those things flying, I thought I'd overdone the coffee that morning.

There's a couple of people on Twitter who spend their time looking at Flightradar over Syria and Iraq and parts of the US when there is an 'incident'. It's worth looking at what they're looking at if you're that way inclined and don't want to spend all your time in front of a screen.

I bought the add on so I can see the plane in photo and flightplan, best ones for me is just pass Heathrow and pick up RAF aircraft but no flightplan or airport when icon shows it has stopped, also you can see all the Grobs flying but not RAF Cranwell.. The A380 flies over my house on the flightpath to Heathrow - even at 1500 ft. still impressive.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
The first time I saw one of those things flying, I thought I'd overdone the coffee that morning.

There's a couple of people on Twitter who spend their time looking at Flightradar over Syria and Iraq and parts of the US when there is an 'incident'. It's worth looking at what they're looking at if you're that way inclined and don't want to spend all your time in front of a screen.
When I see the Emirates several A380's coming here daily I'm jealous and wish I was leaving on one, beautiful aircraft, then I see the BA ones and feel sad for the people on them.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I bought the add on so I can see the plane in photo and flightplan, best ones for me is just pass Heathrow and pick up RAF aircraft but no flightplan or airport when icon shows it has stopped, also you can see all the Grobs flying but not RAF Cranwell.. The A380 flies over my house on the flightpath to Heathrow - even at 1500 ft. still impressive.
I keep thinking of spending the cash, then I think a bit more.

When I see the Emirates several A380's coming here daily I'm jealous and wish I was leaving on one, beautiful aircraft, then I see the BA ones and feel sad for the people on them.
I am flying Emriates and BA First next year - I will be very interested to compare and contrast...

I have flight radar and live on the heathrow flightpath - its great to see what is waking me up at stupid o clock every bloody morning.

You were lucky to get away with it. Most women think this sort of thing is deeply nerdy and weird, if not an indicator of possible ASD - and would have dumped you like a hot potato at the first sign of it :)

I enjoyed watching Abu Hamza's extradition flight. It didn't take very long after the final appeal was denied before they were wheels rolling at Mildenhall.

Theres a very non descript hangar at Westchester Airport, NY, with high fences and automatic gates on the land side. Always wondered what was in there...

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I am flying Emriates and BA First next year - I will be very interested to compare and contrast...

I have flight radar and live on the heathrow flightpath - its great to see what is waking me up at stupid o clock every bloody morning.
Bet you don't find BA as good, not flown first class mind. My boyfriends flat in London is on the flighpath too, not as much fun as when he'd a house at South Shields.

What plane symbol does Flightrader have for Concorde when it flies into Heathrow?

Bet you don't find BA as good, not flown first class mind. My boyfriends flat in London is on the flighpath too, not as much fun as when he'd a house at South Shields.
We booked some J BA flights to NYC and found outbound it was only £300 more to upgrade to First - no brainer really. Emirates is via airmiles redemption, but should still be good. I love the Emirates J product.

South shields - thanks so much for triggering my PTSD trigger word...

Latest Threads