Flightradar 24 and Marine spotting odds and sods.

The T-38's a remarkable aircraft. The newest one is 50 years old, and is obviously still relevant. 2x comparatively weedy engines, but still supersonic. The J85s, even the upgraded ones manage 3300lbf in reheat. The Hawk's Adour is about the same power output as both donks in a T-38.

The initial pilots in the early 60s must have thought it was Christmas, getting to fly one of those.

Update on Zulu82 drone, it is still going around the Yuma Testing Ground at about 60,000 feet. has now been airborne since 15th June and is proving that a persistent UAV concept can work.

According to the article a second one is about to launch and head across the Pacific:
"... A second Zephyr flight will launch in the coming weeks and travel over the Pacific Ocean. This flight will demonstrate an Army Futures Command (AFC)-developed prototype payload over multiple combatant commands, and continue to inform high altitude requirements. ..."

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
MERLIN Crowsnest BDN32 tootling very slowly over SW Wiltshire at 8000'.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Just been for a trot over Belarus.

Attachments

• 2DB92577-4C15-4CE7-946A-760A8C0FFA42.png
    2DB92577-4C15-4CE7-946A-760A8C0FFA42.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 46
Update on Zulu82 drone, it is still going around the Yuma Testing Ground at about 60,000 feet. has now been airborne since 15th June and is proving that a persistent UAV concept can work.

According to the article a second one is about to launch and head across the Pacific:
"... A second Zephyr flight will launch in the coming weeks and travel over the Pacific Ocean. This flight will demonstrate an Army Futures Command (AFC)-developed prototype payload over multiple combatant commands, and continue to inform high altitude requirements. ..."
That is impressive, but what can it do apart from flying around for a really long time? Can it have a comms payload, some sort of hi-tech rebro for example? Maybe it could be an ISTAR platform. I would be really interested in its capabilities.

That is impressive, but what can it do apart from flying around for a really long time? Can it have a comms payload, some sort of hi-tech rebro for example? Maybe it could be an ISTAR platform. I would be really interested in its capabilities.
I get the feeling it's a case of 'see how long it can do a THING for, then figure out what we want to and can have those things actually be'.

On one of the earlier posts when I first reported it I put links to the “declared capability”.

On phone now so can’t link back to it!

Last edited:

The-hippie

Clanker
Is there a tour change over in Der Vaterland?
Never had six Hercs over in one morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-112833_Flightradar24.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-112833_Flightradar24.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20220811-112200_Flightradar24.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-112200_Flightradar24.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 25