Flightradar 24 and Marine spotting odds and sods.

theinventor

War Hero
We've known about it in Pompie for a few days. Flypast/display for a government event taking place on board Prince of Wales (reserve slot was tomorrow afternoon), nice display but only 8 aircraft (guessing one went U/S on the ground at Bournemouth}. I took my grandson to watch from the top end of the harbour, great view, especially when one does the twirly bit around the others :)

Edited to add, this was why:
Let's kick off a discussion about climate change by watching several tons of AVTUR being prettily turned into CO2 & water vapour?

EM is truly everywhere.

Someone is getting a top up while his wing man is lurking off to the west and having come a bit lower is rattling my windows because I mentioned him/her the other day. ;)
1634823251456.png

C130 over Poole Bay. There's a NOTAM up telling of "dropping of articles and PJE".

Something to do with the SBS perhaps?

View attachment 611029
I think the Pooligans do drops into water with various bits of kit as part of their initial training.

C130 over Poole Bay. There's a NOTAM up telling of "dropping of articles and PJE".

Something to do with the SBS perhaps?

View attachment 611029
Maybe somebody's noticed a Ffrench sub down there and want to give them a nice Trafalgar Day prezzy. Maybe some choice cuts of Kangaroo steak?

Just been on the German news, Frankfurt Hahn airport has entered insolvency.
RYR will have to relocate their Frankfurt flights to Vienna.

Let's kick off a discussion about climate change by watching several tons of AVTUR being prettily turned into CO2 & water vapour?

EM is truly everywhere.
I read that statement and thought you might be being a bit excitable. I’m also bored and need to get out more.

Source: https://www.aerosociety.com/media/4842/the-hawk-story.pdf

The Adour engine fitted to the Hawk burns 3455 lbs/hr at full rated take off thrust. Assuming the entire display is flown at max thrust and the display lasts 20 minutes, 8 aircraft will burn about 4.1 tons. You therefore have a point.

I wonder how much fuel was burnt flying all the “leaders” to the event?

(I need to get out more).

BlipDriver

War Hero
RYR will have to relocate their Frankfurt flights to Vienna.
Isn't that a bit close?
Had a thought about Frankfurt Stansted :D

Not as insane as it sounds, all you have to do is get to that London, then Eurostar to Brussels, then train to Cologne then Frankfurt. Only takes 7 hours...

All Ryanair need is to get you boarded, taxi once round the airfield then shuttle you to the train station.

Anyone got O'Leary's number?

Ritch

LE
Had a thought about Frankfurt Stansted :D

Not as insane as it sounds, all you have to do is get to that London, then Eurostar to Brussels, then train to Cologne then Frankfurt. Only takes 7 hours...

All Ryanair need is to get you boarded, taxi once round the airfield then shuttle you to the train station.

Anyone got O'Leary's number?
Don't give him feckin' ideas!

Camm1

LE
Again, not my picture but two of the B-1B's made a sunset departure from Fairford tonight and had a little two hour jaunt to the Baltic Sea.

View attachment 609406
I was looking on google maps at RAF Fairford as there is no 'airport' marker for it in Flightradar24. I thought , given the nature of the aircraft maybe the US do not wish it. I switched to satelite view to look at the layout and was surprised to see this!

2021-11-01.png

Bundeswehr A319 heading into Prestwick, presumably with the German COP26 delegation onboard, and fastidiously avoiding flying over Eaglesham moor ;)

1635761200206.png

ETA: He has since hooked a right-turn and is clearly heading for Glasgow rather than Prestwick.

War Hero
I was looking on google maps at RAF Fairford as there is no 'airport' marker for it in Flightradar24. I thought , given the nature of the aircraft maybe the US do not wish it. I switched to satelite view to look at the layout and was surprised to see this!

View attachment 613160
Good catch!
And directly south of them there is a third one:
Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 10.13.27.png

Bundeswehr A319 heading into Prestwick, presumably with the German COP26 delegation onboard, and fastidiously avoiding flying over Eaglesham moor ;)
One of the blades from the propeller of Hess's aircraft is in the RAFA Club in Prestwick.

philc

LE
I noticed one of the COP planes landed at Glasgow Prestwick, then took of to Glasgow Airport, a distance of 30 Miles by road, did the pilot get confused, was Glasgow too busy or did they have to drop someone off, its a puzzle.

I noticed one of the COP planes landed at Glasgow Prestwick, then took of to Glasgow Airport, a distance of 30 Miles by road, did the pilot get confused, was Glasgow too busy or did they have to drop someone off, its a puzzle.
Maybe not the only ones confused.

1635763826964.png

Latest Threads