Flightradar 24 and Marine spotting odds and sods.

According to Flightradar 24 there is a P-51D Mustang approaching Cambridge from the south.

Ritch

LE
According to Flightradar 24 there is a P-51D Mustang approaching Cambridge from the south.

It is the one that has been performing down at the Bournemouth air show last week.

It is the one that has been performing down at the Bournemouth air show last week.
Don't know on that, according to FR24 it flew out of Alderney and I followed it to when it landed at Derby Airfield.

It could have been though.

Yokel

LE
Do you see the aircraft working up from warships/auxiliaries in UK waters? HMS Prince of Wales is working up with F-35Bs, but I am waiting to see her embark Merlins for ASW and SAR. Apparently an organic SAR capability is not needed if in range of land based SAR.

They might be concentrating on getting the Lightning guys carriers qualified, and will embark the Pingers prior to Exercise Joint Warrior and preparing for the NATO Response Force flagship role.

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
B52-H's GRIMM14 & 15 look to be heading home. They're out of Doha, heading over Poland right now.

They've had an eventful tour overseas given the Afghan crisis.

Screenshot_20210910-104432_Flightradar24.jpg

Yokel

LE
Do you see the aircraft working up from warships/auxiliaries in UK waters? HMS Prince of Wales is working up with F-35Bs, but I am waiting to see her embark Merlins for ASW and SAR. Apparently an organic SAR capability is not needed if in range of land based SAR.

They might be concentrating on getting the Lightning guys carriers qualified, and will embark the Pingers prior to Exercise Joint Warrior and preparing for the NATO Response Force flagship role.

Thinking aboard it, I was aboard illustrious for a couple of weeks in September/October 07 when she was doing fixed wing work ups of Harrier GR7/9 and she only had a single Merlin embarked - mostly for SAR.

Last edited:
I've only just discovered this app. It's fascinating.

Over the weekend I spotted a Hurricane, a Spitfire (both out of the BBMF I assume but I don't know for sure) and a Me-109!!!

This probably happens quite frequently but I did think that it would be a bit of a bugger for the Messerschmitt pilot if that happened 80-odd years ago!

I like this.

Ritch

LE
I've only just discovered this app. It's fascinating.

Over the weekend I spotted a Hurricane, a Spitfire (both out of the BBMF I assume but I don't know for sure) and a Me-109!!!

This probably happens quite frequently but I did think that it would be a bit of a bugger for the Messerschmitt pilot if that happened 80-odd years ago!

I like this.

A Spit and Hurricane are definitely more common than the ME109. Nice spot.

If there are any RN or Destroyer twitchers, FairPlay-27 is the tug to follow on marine trackers.

It’s taking HMS Daring up to Birkenhead to undergo PIP later this year.

If there are any RN or Destroyer twitchers, FairPlay-27 is the tug to follow on marine trackers.

It’s taking HMS Daring up to Birkenhead to undergo PIP later this year.
It's going to be registered disabled??

Latest Threads