Flightradar 24 and Marine spotting odds and sods.

40 empty pallets and a bag of Jolly Ranchers.

40 empty pallets and a bag of Jolly Ranchers.
What were things like around and about over there? Social distancing, mask wearing? Places closed?

What were things like around and about over there? Social distancing, mask wearing? Places closed?
Didn’t see much tbh, only there 12 hours. Masks in transport and hotel reception and office etc., loads of sanitiser. Restaurant and bar shut in hotel. Downtown bar staff were wearing face screens but no 2m rule. Everything shops wise seemed to be open.

Didn’t see much tbh, only there 12 hours. Masks in transport and hotel reception and office etc., loads of sanitiser. Restaurant and bar shut in hotel. Downtown bar staff were wearing face screens but no 2m rule. Everything shops wise seemed to be open.
Cheers. We don't seem to get much coverage in the media of how other countries are handling things at the moment and, as very few people can travel to get a personal view, it's interesting to see a first-hand report of what's occurring (though I'm aware that pretty much every State over there is handling things differently).

Top tip: Don’t try buying fags in South Carolina. They demand ID regardless of how old you look and then only accept US or Canadian ID.

C#nts.

Top tip: Don’t try buying fags in South Carolina. They demand ID regardless of how old you look and then only accept US or Canadian ID.

C#nts.
How did you get around that, did you call them cigarettes instead?

How did you get around that, did you call them cigarettes instead?
I’d taken a supply over in anticipation of stuff being shut so at least I was not reduced to rooting through ashtrays. And no, I didn’t ask for fags, I’m an international jet setter.

Did I mention that terminally stupid people on the fag counter in Walgreens are c#nts?

I’d taken a supply over in anticipation of stuff being shut so at least I was not reduced to rooting through ashtrays. And no, I didn’t ask for fags, I’m an international jet setter.

Did I mention that terminally stupid people on the fag counter in Walgreens are c#nts?
It was explained to me once. If the police decide to check up on a bar for instance, and there is a 99 year old in there and he was not carded, or had no ID on him then they can close the place down immediately.

It was explained to me once. If the police decide to check up on a bar for instance, and there is a 99 year old in there and he was not carded, or had no ID on him then they can close the place down immediately.
That explains a very great deal. Maybe I’d be better trying to buy an Uzi?

That’s the log book all electronicified.

12,007.2 hours, 4996 flights, 779 routes touching 225 airfields, 265 airframes of 28 different main types (god knows how many sub types) with 900 people suffering my company, the worst case being a 13.8 hour flight from Phuket to Manchester.

Ritch

LE

12,007.2 hours, 4996 flights, 779 routes touching 225 airfields, 265 airframes of 28 different main types (god knows how many sub types) with 900 people suffering my company, the worst case being a 13.8 hour flight from Phuket to Manchester.

That's quite a career!

Saw an AAC Gazelle of all things, over South Belfast heading north last Thursday or Friday afternoon, which surprised me somewhat.
Gazelles and Islanders are the only military aviation presence in NI now. They haven't gone away, you know ;)

ETA 'aviation'

Sprog.

Although accumulating hours is now beyond me. Until I win the Lotto.

Latest Threads