Flight Sim Pilots?

D

Deleted 4482

Yup. Might give it a tryout as DCS are offering free trials now. As a Russian a/c it will get rave reviews on DCS, unlike on World Of Tanks it won’t be massively overpowered until the fan base insists it’s nerfed.
Is free trial on standalone or Steam or both? I only have DCS on steam.

106 year old WW2 Army veteran, Donald Rose has been on a flight simulator, which his care home arranged for him. This follows a ride in a fire engine and a visit from some vintage motorcycles.

1624891343692.png

1624891364591.png

Here is a short article and a video clip from BBC Derbyshire:

NSP

LE
Then I thought I'd take my new Lynx for a turn off the pad at the factory...

2021-07-27_00-08-43.jpg

2021-07-27_00-21-18.jpg

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
I just bought a VR headset for DCS, wow, I almost puked a few times from motion sickness and had to cut short my flights.

What I didn’t realise was how immersive the 3D cockpit is compared to 2D - it actually has a depth perspective you feel like touching.

It’s still not good enough for me though, you cannot see the ground targets at all, dog fighting with 360 rapid head turns are great, much better than a track-ir but the 4K plus resolution for ground pounding is hard to beat!

NSP

LE
Took a FSX Sea King for a spin out of Exeter and over Dartmoor before dumping it in Meldon Reservoir in honour of @beefer Not impressed with the terrain given I've supposedly got the south-west England hi-def terrain pack installed, at around £25 from Steam DLC store.

2021-7-27_21-56-55-569.jpg
2021-7-27_21-57-34-239.jpg
2021-7-27_21-57-38-894.jpg
2021-7-27_21-58-41-954.jpg
2021-7-27_22-6-1-813.jpg
2021-7-27_22-7-51-354.jpg
2021-7-27_22-8-7-738.jpg
2021-7-27_22-9-10-785.jpg

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Took a FSX Sea King for a spin out of Exeter and over Dartmoor before dumping it in Meldon Reservoir in honour of @beefer Not impressed with the terrain given I've supposedly got the south-west England hi-def terrain pack installed, at around £25 from Steam DLC store.

View attachment 592105View attachment 592106View attachment 592107View attachment 592108View attachment 592109View attachment 592110View attachment 592111View attachment 592112

What the fcuk is that??? Lego Flight Sim??

NSP

LE
This one's a fucktonne of fun - and so very, very quick!!

2021-7-28_0-12-0-802.jpg
2021-7-28_0-12-14-545.jpg
2021-7-28_0-12-21-30.jpg
2021-7-28_0-12-32-331.jpg
2021-7-28_0-13-23-481.jpg
2021-7-28_0-13-52-984.jpg
2021-7-28_0-14-51-769.jpg
2021-7-28_0-15-42-621.jpg
2021-7-28_0-16-10-279.jpg

D

Deleted 4482

View attachment 592105View attachment 592106View attachment 592107View attachment 592108View attachment 592109View attachment 592110View attachment 592111View attachment 592112
I have JustFlight full UK VFR photorealistic scenery pack somewhere. If I can dig it out you can have it for nowt. I no longer use FSX now. Mainly DCS and x-plane.

NSP

LE
I have JustFlight full UK VFR photorealistic scenery pack somewhere. If I can dig it out you can have it for nowt. I no longer use FSX now. Mainly DCS and x-plane.
Tidy. As the finder of free DCS models do you know of a decent Lynx/Wessex/SK one? Nowt on Steam for dosh and a cursory Google reveals nothing - including the Skyhawk and other that you've posted up links to previously!

FSX models are basic and the Lynx featured has a cockpit nothing like the real thing (I'm reading the Haynes Lynx "manual" at the moment and there is a panel-by-panel annotated photo/description chapter for that model with the PID turret and 360° SeaSpray radar. The FSX model panels bear no similarity in the slightest!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted 4482

Dunno. Never flown a real one.
Ive had a couple of jollies in a Seaking and was allowed a quick go. I didnt make any power adjustments or anything- just a few turns and followed a heading. It was just like flying a light aircraft.
Tidy. As the finder of free DCS models do you know of a decent Lynx/Wessex/SK one? Nowt on Steam for dosh and a cursory Google reveals nothing - including the Skyhawk and other that you've posted up links to previously!

FSX models are basic and the Lynx featured has a cockpit nothing like the real thing (I'm reading the Haynes Lynx "manual" at the moment and there us a panel-by-panel annotated photo/description chapter for that model with the PID turret and 360° SeaPray radar. The FSX model panels bear no similarity in the slightest!!
I've searched for Lynx mods on DCS also. Didnt find anything any good. There is a Gazelle available on steam and- you'd be able to get @beefer first hand advice on landing it on water and going into submarine mode also. Although I don't think it was a Gazelle he did his Tom Daly impression in.

Look on Digital Combat Simulator | DCS World | Combat Simulator

Please download X-plane and bin FSX. You'll straight away notice the difference.

NSP

LE
Ive had a couple of jollies in a Seaking and was allowed a quick go. I didnt make any power adjustments or anything- just a few turns and followed a heading. It was just like flying a light aircraft.

I've searched for Lynx mods on DCS also. Didnt find anything any good. There is a Gazelle available on steam and- you'd be able to get @beefer first hand advice on landing it on water and going into submarine mode also. Although I don't think it was a Gazelle he did his Tom Daly impression in.

Look on Digital Combat Simulator | DCS World | Combat Simulator

Please download X-plane and bin FSX. You'll straight away notice the difference.
I had an entire half hour AEF in a Gazelle. Spent the whole time trying to achieve a stable hover a few feet off the pad. No hover; no being allowed to try forward flight. Light, agile, flighty bird is just what the doctor ordered for a ham-fisted, uncoordinated, hormonal, pubescent teenager, really. Might have had more luck in something heavier like a Mi-26!!!

I've got the Gazelle for DCS. Managed to fly it but haven't got it to send anything off the rails yet. Finding the Mi-8MTV module easier. Flies like a dream (given it's a typical "peasant-proof" rugged, basic Soviet design built by bored, uninspired, disincentivised vodka-soaked coolies) but still haven't got my head around all the switches to flick to change pylons once I've fired off the first rack of rockets.

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
I had an entire half hour AEF in a Gazelle. Spent the whole time trying to achieve a stable hover a few feet off the pad. No hover; no being allowed to try forward flight. Light, agile, flighty bird is just what the doctor ordered for a ham-fisted, uncoordinated, hormonal, pubescent teenager, really. Might have had more luck in something heavier like a Mi-26!!!

I've got the Gazelle for DCS. Managed to fly it but haven't got it to send anything off the rails yet. Finding the Mi-8MTV module easier. Flies like a dream (given it's a typical "peasant-proof" rugged, basic Soviet design built by bored, uninspired, disincentivised vodka-soaked coolies) but still haven't got my head around all the switches to flick to change pylons once I've fired off the first rack of rockets.
Some of the DCS community do not rate the DCS gazelle, something to do with its ‘arcade’ flight model or unrealistic FM, it sure how many have flown one though.

Ritch

LE
Got my hands on Microsoft's Flight Sim 2020 for the Xbox Series X.

Performed my first full flight the other day from Honolulu to Molokai - just under half an hour in a Beechcraft. Certainly felt like quite an achievement considering I'm a beginner.

964ST

LE
Found this whilst searching for another topic, if it’s a Flight SIM program that is available?, it seems to have an awful lot of very accurate detail and might be of interest?

RZer0

LE
Flight simulator on the Xbox series X is unbelievable good. I've been simming since IL2 and flanker. Microsoft have really knocked it out the park with the Xbox version. It's essentially the same as the pc. You can use controller or joysticks/Hotas and connecting a keyboard opens the SIM up completely.

Latest Threads