Flight Sim Pilots?

PFGEN

GCM
Holy crap, some of the prices on the links posted above are ruinous. If anybody knows how to smuggle an F-35 past SWMBO please share and if she's blind I suspect the dog would rat you out. While back I received a gift of an all metal throttle and stick combination. Seems I may have underestimated the lads generosity.

Holy crap, some of the prices on the links posted above are ruinous. If anybody knows how to smuggle an F-35 past SWMBO please share and if she's blind I suspect the dog would rat you out. While back I received a gift of an all metal throttle and stick combination. Seems I may have underestimated the lads generosity.
Certainly the Warthog A-10 Throttle/Joystick combination is marketed not just as a gaming stick but a 1:1 replica of the actual thing.
I've got big hands but by feck, these things make my hands look like the delicate digits only found on civvies of the RAF Regiment. In reality, I suppose the pilots would be wearing gloves?

PFGEN

GCM
Certainly the Warthog A-10 Throttle/Joystick combination is marketed not just as a gaming stick but a 1:1 replica of the actual thing.
I've got big hands but by feck, these things make my hands look like the delicate digits only found on civvies of the RAF Regiment. In reality, I suppose the pilots would be wearing gloves?

Similar here, the stick alone weighs more than 4kg. I too have spades for hands and size 10 or 11 gloves. I prefer the smaller size and the tighter fit. I hadn't thought of using them for a flight sim. Good idea, just dug them out and the leather pad ensures my digits don't slip on the 4-ways.

That's cracking mate.
Did you do it from plans and do you have them to share?? :cool:

I made it from scratch, just mocking up rough sizes etc and putting it together. I don't have plans sorry. I will measure out the dimensions though and post up here.

I am considering building a few for sale, as well as arcade machines that I make. Time will tell if it is successful.

IMG_1135.jpg
IMG_2615.jpg
lvnjJ3p.jpg
SfX2J5R.jpg
9mqZ0eU.jpg
DQyjOBx.jpg

I can't even start with my MSFS 2020 until I get a compatible stick so I've been practising on FSX and having a dabble at the free DCS.
I can't start MSFS at all. i9 at 3.60ghz, 64gb RAM, 3090 card and the bloody thing won't load. Stuck on the boot screen, I even got a nice new blackhog panel to go with the Warthog HOTAS and Index, but nooooo....

On the old PC, MSFS is loading nicely, dammit.

Still, DCS is great when I have the time - trying to get VAICOM to work now.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I made it from scratch, just mocking up rough sizes etc and putting it together. I don't have plans sorry. I will measure out the dimensions though and post up here.

I am considering building a few for sale, as well as arcade machines that I make. Time will tell if it is successful.

View attachment 555202View attachment 555203View attachment 555204View attachment 555205View attachment 555206View attachment 555207
The idea of having a built in drinks, sorry beer fridge is pure genius.

I can't start MSFS at all. i9 at 3.60ghz, 64gb RAM, 3090 card and the bloody thing won't load. Stuck on the boot screen, I even got a nice new blackhog panel to go with the Warthog HOTAS and Index, but nooooo....

On the old PC, MSFS is loading nicely, dammit.

Still, DCS is great when I have the time - trying to get VAICOM to work now.
It should fly on that machine ;)
Win 10 latest updates installed before attempted install?
I did a brand new clean install of W10 on a new 1tb SSD, then a FSX install with all my fav aircraft before I installed MSFS 2020 through Steam with zero issues.
I'd try reinstalling the proper Nvidia drivers first if I were you.

Last edited:
It should fly on that machine.
Win 10 latest updates installed before attempted install?
I did a brand new clean install of W10 on a new 1tb SSD, then a FSX install with all my fav aircraft before I installed MSFS 2020 through Steam with zero issues.
I'd try reinstalling the proper Nvidia drivers first if I were you.

I agree, on my old machine I only had a I7 6700K running at 4.6Mhz, 32gb RAM, GTX980 ti card, and that at least ran smooth at 1080p. Yours should have it on or if not, close to ultra settings, surely?

PFGEN

GCM

View attachment 555207

Just clocked the drinks holder. An excellent addition for those "Hold my beer and watch this" moments.

It’s the install. A bit of a known thing; black screen on start.

It doesn’t help that Microsoft has chosen a stupid directory structure for the install. Next step is to bring the PC to the router and connect it direct via cat 5 (presently it’s connected on a mesh network as it’s all in an outbuilding)

I’m not inordinately hacked off as I’m waiting for MSFS to evolve, even on the previous i9/1080 box it was awful on the Valve and the UX is positively criminal. By contrast DCS is great - although I do need to go back to basics with the new machine and tweak accordingly.

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
I spent about ten years with an online combat flight simulator habit. I used to organise the regular historic events for iEN's Warbirds.
poster.jpg
tunisia256addons.jpg

shot0026.jpg

shot0027.jpg

map start state red sun riusing.jpg
This was the start state for a 48 hour recreation of the first six months of the war in the SW Pacific
nevillesmall.jpg
Neville Duke with "his" P40 at Tangmere Aviation Trust open day

NSP

LE

View attachment 555202View attachment 555203View attachment 555204View attachment 555205View attachment 555206View attachment 555207
That's some awesome carpentry/joinery skills there! I'm doing a fair job on my new kitchen and bathroom window sills - but that's just a bit of jigsawing, planing and sanding on a plank and nowhere near that league!!!