Flies

I know that someone is going to have the answer. Same as I know that I am going to have to read through pages of drivel just to find it but wtf. Here goes.

Flies. They buzz around my house like, well flies. Thing is, there are loads of the feckers.

I live on a farm and the house is really old and thatched. I have big adult flies and small annoying ones (just like any other kids I suppose). I don't want to use sprays as I've got to live in it too. I've tried those electric zappers and they don't work. The sticky paper things are great, pulling them out of your hair when you forget that you hung one up and it's full of the buggers.

So how do you get rid of them? All answers on the back of a used fiver to the usual address please.

Ta

FB

Can of deodorant, lighter and you now have a flame thrower.

Oh - forgot to mention. There is no bride involved. Does that help?

Meshell. We have never spoken but I have been following your posts with earnest. So let me take this opportunity to say "Feck off".

Jars with a bit of jam or honey in the bottom - fly crawls in then dies in a sticky mess. Stick the jars on the windowsills (works with wasps, for sure).

If you have an aversion to flies, perhaps farmer wasn't the most appropriate career choice....

If you have an arable farm, perhaps including these in your selection of crops could improve the situation:

http://www.hantsflytrap.com/

Vacuum cleaner!! has to be the cylinder type, attach just the hose to the cylinder, then suck the little fcukers out of the air as they fly past.

This pastime is guaranteed to keep kids amuse for hours.

brummieboy1 said:
Vacuum cleaner!! has to be the cylinder type, attach just the hose to the cylinder, then suck the little fcukers out of the air as they fly past.

This pastime is guaranteed to keep kids amuse for hours.
If it's one of them Dysons you can watch them crawl around inside it for hours afterwards. Suck up a few jumping spiders too and you've got the makings of a good night's betting.

I've tried the hoover but you've got to stay up late or get them first thing in the morning. And then you've got another lot the next day...

What's between the thatched roof and the house?

Is there sarking on the roof joists?

Some flies will congegate under sheltered draught free areas, just like midges under trees.

Sorry for the sound advice. Sounds like a nightmare.

Get a caged bird or a frog :D