Flickr accounts to change

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I have had an email about the take over of Flickr by Smugmug
for many years I have kept a flickr account used to be a pro one then it came free with BT Yahoo
now its just the free one
its very useful for hosting images and swapping them to other sites
however Smug Mug plan to take over soon, I have read their terms and conditions, but frankly its all above my crusty bonce
any one have any thoughts, or should I just let it migrate over ?
Flickr's Privacy Policy

I think it's safe to migrate.
I use Flickr as well and I was worried about potential copyright issues. I didn't want to find Smugmug suddenly claiming that all my photos were theirs to do with as they liked.
The second paragraph in Section 6 - User Content - in Smugmug's 'Terms' ( Flickr Terms and Conditions ) put my mind at rest. However, the third paragraph seems a bit odd! I assume from this that Smugmug reserves the right to use people's photos when advertising Smugmug and its services. Which seems fair enough.
So I'm going to go with it.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I use Flickr as well and I was worried about potential copyright issues. I didn't want to find Smugmug suddenly claiming that all my photos were theirs to do with as they liked.
The second paragraph in Section 6 - User Content - in Smugmug's 'Terms' ( Flickr Terms and Conditions ) put my mind at rest. However, the third paragraph seems a bit odd! I assume from this that Smugmug reserves the right to use people's photos when advertising Smugmug and its services. Which seems fair enough.
Ta Muchly, I dont like changing, and I guess if they start to charge I will still stay as I have a lot of contacts on there

I've used Smugmug for years for selling photos and they seem ok.

No idea why they bought Flickr though, they're not really directly competing